Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Too Wonderful For Me

Of trust in God and handstands

Recently, because when I feel depressed I do this, I've been in my bedroom when not performing some "official" duty. You know like washing clothes or thinking about cooking supper. I tend to isolate myself if I have the blues. So as I was sitting, o.k. lying, in my bed the other day, I was thinking about aging. I am the primary caretaker of my mother and aging has been on my mind lately. I'm not afraid of it, don't particularly like the things that go along with it, things I see my mama going through. So I kept thinking, if I could only still do handstands. Handstands??? Now where did that come from, I probably haven't done one in 25 years. But nevertheless, my mind kept wandering back to handstands. So I finally thought, well only one way to find out, and if I can do a handstand, maybe I'm not as old as I think. So I bravely stood up (o.k. did that!) contemplated how to swing my body into an upside down position without breaking anything. Took precious husband's picture off the wall.....and just did it.....I DID IT!!! I honestly don't know why, but I felt better all day! So I've been doing a handstand against that wall every day since and I haven't been in the bed any of those days.

Then as I was reading another sweet Christian's blog who is going through a storm right now, some of her friends had posted this scripture. "In quietness and in trust shall be your strength" Isaiah 30:15 I love that scripture! I'm not a really quiet person....in fact it's been said that I'm loud.....I have 5 brothers and sisters, what can I say? In our house you were loud to be heard. But I want to be a quiet person, with a quiet spirit. And I DO trust in the Lord.

I think my point is (and i'm not sure) that even when you love the Lord and trust Him, you can still get down. But from now on, I'm going to try to remember to get up and do something......a handstand?? Maybe, maybe something else at another time.

But one thing I know and one thing I am sure of .....I want my life to bring glory to God and I want to enjoy Him every day!

No comments: