Sunday, December 12, 2010

The decorating begins!

The walls are painted!  A few pictures are back on the walls and the rest are in boxes until after Christmas! I needed to get some decorating done!   

So we have a tree after a small crisis when our old, hand me down tree partly died.  The lights went out on the whole bottom half.  Now when I saw hand me down......this was our second hand me down tree and I demanded sweetly ask my husband if it wasn't time for a brand new tree.  After an hour of trying to get the lights to work, an hour on the computer reading everything he could find about getting the lights to work and nothing working, he agreed that maybe it was indeed time for a new tree.

If you look closely, you see our angel had fallen over and was hanging down crying somebody put me up straight before I lose my halo!

You can see from the reflection that the tree is indeed lit, but it just doesn't show up well.


I love the manger!  A few years ago I glued all the figures down because they kept falling over or out when they were stored.  When I got the manger out of the box this year, I couldn't find baby Jesus!  He had come unglued!  He's back in his place.  When I look at the manger I realize anew how truly amazing that God left his throne of Glory and became flesh and dwelt among us to be the perfect sacrifice for our sin.  

 You can see the stockings are hung.....there are three more to add, a new one currently being monogrammed for Charley and the California grands are bringing theirs when they come on Thursday.


This looks kind of sparse, but we had just hung the mirror and pictures back in the foyer.  I may add to this later or maybe not!  I made the Jesus, Joseph and Mary way back in the 80's when I was in my ceramic phase.  

And then we have the nutcrackers.....bless their hearts they have seen better days.  

And through it all, these boys have been very cold!  I even bought them new sweaters and put a blanket on their bed.  At night they snuggle down under the covers in our bed.  

We're on our way to Christmas, I wasn't sure we were going to make it this year!!



8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The tree looks so pretty with the new color on the walls. I love it. I'm glad that you were able to get some decorating done before everyone arrives.

Brr....I heard about your cold temps. Hope it warms up soon.

Keetha Broyles said...

Cold temps? In FL??? We're at 7 and dropping here - - - can you BEAT us?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Baby Jesus unglued! Story at 9! You gave me a good laugh on that one. Everything looks lovely. Hope your angel is okay!

Gigi said...

Looking good!

I was enjoying all the pictures until I got to the nutcrackers and then I just laughed out loud...if you'll remember your FB post, you know what I was thinking! LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice

debi said...

Beautiful! Love the green, love the green :-)

We are indeed blessed that He loved us so much, that He sent His only Son to die for each of us.

May this be a truly blessed Christmas for you and your family!

hugs

Dawn said...

I'm really tired of blue, but it would be massive mess to change it - and I don't think I have what it takes! But we really really need to.

Glad you found Jesus! We're still missing the one in the kids' set. As long as He's not missing from our lives and from our celebrations!

Tonja said...

I'm not at all sure that Jesus would appreciate you saying that 'he's come unglued', That's usually reserved for us human types! :-)Everything looks so pretty and so fresh with the new paint! Love it!
Wow, Nany...don't you be going to any scchool board meetings! So sad!