Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wedding weekend.....


Maybe what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas, but what happens in Callaway Gardens is hitting the news!

MIL and I left early Friday so we could stop to visit with a friend of hers in C*lumbus.  Had a great time meeting her and seeing the retirement village where she lives.  It was luxurious!  We had lunch, then visited in her gorgeous apartment.  I wish I had taken pictures, but forgot!

We got to Callaway Gardens in time to take a little nap before my husband's sister and some of her family arrived.  Below are a few pictures of the villa.

Dining area

Living area

Looking up to the front door.  There were two bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs.  I wish I had taken pictures of our bedroom but....oh, well.

Russell's sister

Sue brought a delicious spaghetti dinner.

After a relaxing Friday night, we planned to go into Pine Mountain to eat at the famous Bullock House, which just happened to be closed for repairs or remodeling.  The reason wasn't so important to us, we were just disappointed!

In addition, it was biker week in town, so the very few restaurants were filled.  A good hour was spent looking for a place to eat....Sam kept saying McDonalds????  We finally found a small cafe and got seats outside with some hard drinking really nice biker ladies.  You may can tell by the picture below that they were also using a few profane words!



Above are Russell's mama, BIL, SIL, their son Sam and his fiance Shan.  In this very small and VERY crowded cafe there was one waitress who was every bit of 16 years old and so frustrated she was nearly in tears.  We were very patient and waited over an hour for our food. Now BIL Johnny was a good sport even though he wasn't feeling the patience.

We got through and knew we didn't have a lot of time left so went to the car and guess what?????  Dead battery.

Unbelievable.  I thought my poor BIL might possibly have a coronary.  He walked to the gas station only to be told that they had no batteries and the nearest place was 20 miles over in another town.  We were in a dilemma!


But what a perfect time for God to just show His providence!  SIL Sue wandered into a little store and mentioned our predicament.....did I mention we didn't even have jumper cables???.........The store owner said in her precious Georgia accent Why don't you worry, my husband will be happy to come and help.

Now our vehicle was parked between a want to be Hummer and a jeep.  We were all silently wondering how this sweet man would get close enough to jump our battery.
Pay close attention, this is where God's providence comes in!!!

The lady who owned the store also owned the jeep parked right beside us!!!!  What a wonderful blessing that turned out to be.


Some got ice cream while poor Johnny was taking care of the problem.






He got our battery charged while we went inside the store to buy some souveniers.  When BIL offered him money, he shrugged and it was his pleasure!  


I mean what are the odds that we would be parked in that particular spot?


Of course, then we had to hurriedly get back and get dressed for the wedding and made it with no time to spare!


Left to right.....Sam, his fiance Shan, MIL, SIL and BIL



Me with Shan and Sam

It was a great wedding.  A beautiful bride and a handsome groom in a gorgeous setting.  I'm just sorry I don't have any pictures of the wedding, and especially the reception!  It was a fabulous reception.  I've never seen anything quite like it before.

They had a great band!  One lady leaned over and asked me if they were the original Tams and I said who's that?  I looked them up later and there were three of the original members there and they played "our" music!  You know, 60's and 70's music.  Music you can sing to!   Umm, the music you young guys will also be singing to because you sure won't be able to sing to the stuff that's new now!  :) Now I don't dance because I have two very wrong left feet, but my 80 something MIL danced the night away!  She is a spectacular dancer and she and my FIL loved dancing!  I was so glad she got to have a night of dance!

We left very early apparently, we heard later the reception went on into the wee hours of the dawn.

We headed back the next day and had an uneventful drive home.  It was a good time and I'm so glad we went.

******************************

I'll try to do better at posting.  This has been a pretty stressful few weeks.  

9 comments:

Deb said...

sounds like a fun trip...

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for sharing in words and pictures as well. Seems you had a great time. Blessings.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun - other than the car problems. I would definitely say that it had to be divine intervention there.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, you had a lot of things going on didn't you? I love how God was there helping your out. Sounds like the wedding was perfect.

Katie and Beau said...

I love your dress! Wish you would have gotten some pics of Mrs. MC dancing...I would have loved to see it!

The Life of Carol said...

Sounds like you had a very nice time. Ya'll all looked very nice dressed for the wedding.

Anonymous said...

You all looked so nice and so many events

Dawn said...

God shows you His goodness and mercy, at a time you need to see it!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend!

Gosh, you've been a busy busy girl! I've had fun catching up with you tonight. It seems like FOREVER since I've had time to just read blogs and enjoy myself. Between our two weeks in California and then having two grandsons here for Spring Break, I seem to have gotten myself behind. Not anymore though. I'm BAAAACK!

Hugs,
Kat