Thursday, October 11, 2012

Artist strikes again.....

Once again.....for the second time in my life.....I went to Paint Your Art Out or PYAO and have another piece of original really marginal art!


I was relieved to have the finished product.


Sharon went the extra mile and put the vine on her stem.

There is an artist who tells you every stroke to paint and he's painting as we are AND there is a finished painting that we can look at, but it is still really not in my comfort zone. 

As he's saying it's really just about layering the paint, I'm panicking with every teeny bit of paint that goes on my canvas.  After all, when they give you the canvas, it's so nice and white and clean.  I always kind of hate to mess with that clean look!

While we were painting and I was making lots of strange faces, he was walking around looking at what everyone was doing.......He stood behind me for a while until I said "My stem is ugly and a mess".   He said "Oh, so you know that", like he was trying to figure out how to tell me it was ugly and was relieved that I had already figured that out myself!  Well if I had any doubts, he confirmed that I shouldn't doubt my own eyes.  He just reached over with his brush and fixed the stem and made it look so easy.

I was kind of proud of my pumpkin, but I'm thinking the Superhero had some doubts, especially when I put it here....



Yep, my pumpkin took it's place of honor in the living room for the Fall season!  

I'll never be an artist, but if you want to have a good time, grab a friend and head to your local art center, it's lots of fun.  Even if you've never painted, throw caution to the wind and give it a try! 

8 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think it look lovely and I think it is wonderful how you went out and tried it!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I think your pumpkin looks good and deserves its place of honor in your living room! Good for you to give it a try ... I don't know that I could step that far out of my comfort zone.

Deb said...

I like your pumpkin...I like to paint...but my Hotrod does a better job than I do...

Juli said...

We have a place called the art bar. You pick the painting based off of the class you sign up for, and they have a full bar and appetizer selection while you paint. They do all kinds of nights out programs, and they have a non-alcoholic version on Sundays and Saturday afternoons for families.

I keep thinking I should take Oldest...

Amber said...

I think it looks so cute! :) You did a great job! I keep wanting to go to one of these classes!

Needled Mom said...

What is so dreadful about it? I think it looks exactly like a pumpkin and the colors are great.

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE it!

Dee said...

Dear Nancy, what a good suggestion! I just might try it as I'd like a pumpkin painting in my house too. But I suspect that mine wouldn't be nearly so appealing as yours! No talent at all. Peace.