Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Too Wonderful For Me

A Prayer for a Son

Oh, God, our help in ages past....Our hope for years to come....Be his shelter from the stormy blast .....and his eternal home. In recent years, when I would be singing in church services, I would begin putting my children's names in places that were appropriate and making the songs a prayer for them. A wonderful and wise friend of mine who has been with the Lord for several years said her favorite scripture for her children was 3 John 4 "I have no greater joy than to hear my children are walking in the truth." Ah what joy!

You have probably figured out by now that I am troubled by one of my children. So I cling to the promises of God. I love the scripture about the vine and I envision the vine and holding onto to it while being blown about by the storms of life and the winds of worry. I know that as long as I am connected to the vine, I will always have hope that my childrens' eyes will be opened to the truth

No comments: