Thursday, October 7, 2010

Coming right up.......

That time of year is fast approaching.  Hunting season!  The hunting condos stands and food plots are in place complete with deer cams.... cameras that take pictures to see where the deer come to most often.  Isn't that kind of like premeditated murder?  


Over the course of the last few years, I think the deer have been catching on to that camera thing though and are much more careful when they hear those trucks approaching their feeding areas!  But we usually have one or two a year that get put in our freezer.

Just to be perfectly clear, I do NOT eat deer meat.  Yes, I know it's called venison, still don't eat the stuff.
Don't ask why, I just don't like the idea.

It's also this time of year.....



That's right, football.  The male mood in our house can depend on those Gators.
So get busy boys!!!

I do love this time of year!

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Yep...isn't it a grand time of the year???

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know that in order to keep the animals from starving over the winter they need to hunt them, I get that but I don't like it.

Keetha Broyles said...

Your boys play LSU on Saturday - - - IN THE SWAMP. Being at home, and seeing as LSU has been struggling this fall too, I predict the Gators have Tiger for din din.

Sweet Tea said...

What happens to the deer meat?
I could never have been a pioneer woman! LOL

Gigi said...

Hunting season...UGH.

Football season...ugh.

LOL!

I'm a baseball girl...the Boys of Summer!

Stella said...

I have no problem with people hunting if they actually use the food. Sometimes food kitchens are very happy to receive a donation of vension. I'm just going to sit in the sun, admire the trees, and know that winter will soon be here.

Tonja said...

I know lots of folks do it...even in my own family. BUT I hate it, it just hurts my heart!

Dawn said...

I am glad my hubby doesn't hunt - I would not like to eat it either - too gamey tasting. Football though - he's addicted.

We're home - I just realized I've m been up 21 hours - ridiculous that I'm sitting here blogging!