Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another year ends.....

I've been looking at my live feed and see that people are visiting from far away places.   So on this New Year's Eve.....if you visit my blog, please leave a comment so I'll know and tell me how you found me if you've never commented.  Just for fun!  
*************************


Another year goes into the memory bank to be visited on occasion....

2011.....you gave us your best shot!


A time of constant and of change......and so this seemed most fitting to me....


Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


When I said goodbye to 2010, I never dreamed what 2011 would hold for us, both good and bad.
So it was with relative innocence that I bade goodbye to 2010 and walked into a new year unaware of the obstacle course it would hold.



I think my tribute to 2007 was the best so I wanted to let you go back and read it if you want.....the more things change, the more they stay the same!  


Just a few highlights
Matt started, built and moved into his new home


A wedding was in the planning


Mama moved down the street to a new apartment


The Flat Princess paid us a visit




There was a bridal shower


Sentimental wedding things


A wedding






Friends moved


A new friend visited from a far away land....


Miracles happened


A first birthday




Singing in the rain


This boy didn't get to make a trip in 2011, which made us very sad


Didn't see this one either....







Way too few beach days


The annual friends' birthday celebration


Changes


Homecomings


Christmas


A sad loss in our family.......a new life in our neighborhood.


Sorrow and joy mingled.


Such a few of the things that happened.....just a taste of 2011.


I wrote the following post some time ago.....but I took it down.  I'm printing it now because it's time.  Keep few secrets and do not neglect to speak the truth, because not being transparent leads to losing friends and losing faith in others....so in 2012, let's just be transparent.



Some of the following is taken from Wikipedia.....
The opposite of transparency is incomprehensibility.
Antonyms of transparency include: secrecy, opacity, opaqueness, under-reporting, underplaying, putting a spin on it...

Transparency is the enemy of surprises.
Transparency is the enemy of hypocrisy.
Transparency is the friend of safety, quality, justice, fairness, ...
Transparency is the best deodorant.
Transparency is the best antidote for gullibility.

Possibly my favorite part of this explanation of transparency is Transparency is the enemy of hypocrisy.

I know people who work in retail who must carry a transparent purse....although most probably don't carry Prada bags.

You can see through it.  Whatever is in the bag is seen by all........keeps you honest.

Many times people say things like this.....you should be completely transparent, we will be completely transparent, This process shall absolutely be transparent.........and yet you can't see the transparency through the silence or the changes in what has been said....or the quickness to blame someone else so you don't have to be transparent. 

Oh, yea, and when everyone is transparent, elephants disappear......makes walking around in the room easier.

It is incomprehensible to continue saying you are transparent and not follow through!



2011 is over.......we have a brand new chance to start anew. 

For our country, I pray we get a new president and turn this place around. 

For my children, I pray love and happiness and a relationship with your Savior.


Thanks to my family and there are so many of you!  

Thank you to my dear husband for always putting up with me no matter how crazy I get.  


So I bid farewell to 2011 and welcome 2012

Dear gussie, I look a year older!  Maybe there's plastic surgery in my 2012....Just kidding honey, someone get the smelling salts!  



17 comments:

Gigi said...

Wishing you blessing upon blessing in 2012, sweet Nancy!! And so another year unfolds...

Dawn said...

Lots of good and some bad mixed in. Good post. I took a pic of myself with my new Ipod yesterday and about had a heart attack!

Cathy said...

Happy New Year....you are beautiful and you know it and the youngest looking one of all(I heard that somewhere)

Donnetta said...

I enjoyed this walk down memory lane.

I enjoyed the thoughts on transparency.

I enjoyed every part of this.

I enjoyed "traveling" the days of this last year calling you Friend!

Happy New Year!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) to you. What a beautiful post. Happy New Year!

Barbara said...

Thanks Nancy. Loved it all! Happy New Year!

Needled Mom said...

What a year it has been for you. I think it is good that we do not know what the next year holds for us.

May you be generously blessed in 2012.

Leslie: said...

As you say...hair lengths change (yours got shorter, mine got longer!) but the most important things remain the same. This past year, I and my sisters faced the painful past of our childhood by facing that elephant in the room. We shot it in the head and now we will no longer dwell on it. Last January, Lorne came to my house and told me he had two goals for 2011: to get healthy so he could go back to work (a work in process, but looks attainable this year) AND to win me back (he reached that goal!) So we have a lot to celebrate tonight, and will have close friends over to bring in 2012 with us. I wish you all a very Happy New Year and may 2012 bring more blessings than sorrows. Hugs from Canada! :D

Sweet Tea said...

I read a quote which said, "The thing about life is it's so daily". It holds both the bitter and the sweet. Sure hope 2012 holds lots of SWEETS for all of us.
Happy New Year!

Angela Baylis said...

Happy Happy New Year! What a year it has been for you and your family. Thanks for letting us peek in for a little while. I love your transparency!

xoxo

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I saw your comment on my blog, thanks for stopping by! Wishing you many blessings in this New Year!

lilmomma said...

I just wanted to leave a note thanking you for your encouragement on my blog. I can't tell you how much I needed a good reminder of God's provision and protection. Thank you so much

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Happy Happy New Year to you and yours! What a wonderful year!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy New Year sweet friend! I hope 2012 is good to us both.

BTW...just like my blog post tonight expresses - YOU are important to me. Thanks for your friendship.

Hugs,
Kat

PCovi said...

Whew...isn't it wonderful that we only get one day at a time?
Our family also welcomed twins.
Boys :)
I pray the same for my kids...that close walk w/God is just the biggest biggest bestest most well...you know.
Happy New Year! And you are too cute for surgery!

Lori said...

What a nice year-end post, Nancy. Might have to steal that idea from you at some point. Thank you for your encouragement on my recent blog resurrection. I'm in awe of you girls that blog so regularly.

It was nice to see you in person recently at Bethel Village. Hope to see you again.

Katie and Beau said...

Love this!

We are settling in. Call you soon. xoxo