Monday, February 22, 2016

2015 Highlights

So.......here I am again.......over a year later, I'm going to attempt writing a blog post!  I miss you all and confess that I only get by to see all of you every now and again, but not because I don't want to know what's going on, but because the days seem to get away from me and before you know it the day is gone and it's time for the Bachelor bed.  
The Superhero and I have decided that we are officially getting older.  Our bodies are telling us this in so many ways.  The Superhero had some heart testing done this year and thankfully, he has a heart and it will be ok as long as he takes his meds and follows doctor's orders.  

I started volunteering at our local hospital in the NICU as a Cuddler.......one who holds and cuddles premature babies.  What a wonderful experience.  I wish I could show you photos, but there's Hippa and all that so just trust me......the babies are adorable and appreciate being cuddled.

My brother, the oldest of the clan, turned 70 in 2015!  
He had a great party!  Since only gag gifts were allowed, this was the one I made for him......since I'm trying to keep myself from saying political things, you can figure out what the gift is dart board of a young man not to be named with darts.  Can i just say it was his favorite gift?  



Brother Tommy loves to BBQ and isn't this a great cake!?  







Fun times.

In April of 2015, my sister Cathy and I went to visit friends in Key West!  Native Floridian or not, this was my first trip to Key West and it was so much fun!

Katie, Minnie and AC.......friends fortunate to spend three years in paradise







Coconut from tree in their backyard......not my cup of tea! 


Thanks to our gracious host, Beau!

Katie and Beau


Key West is the sunset capitol......gorgeous!

That gets us through April of 2015.....

Of course other interesting things happened....
Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc., etc., etc.
But enough for today.  I'm started and I'll continue 2015 later!

Glad to be back

8 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see you posting again. And I admit that I'm a little jealous of the photos of your visit to Key West. We were there 5-6 years ago but only for one day ... I'd love to get back again. I hope you'll be back again ... without so much time passing?

Needled Mom said...

So good to see a post from you!!! It sounds like it has been a hectic and wonderful year for you.

I can't believe you have never been to Key West. Isn't it a great drive down there? It's such an eclectic town and it looks like you enjoyed it to the max.

Happy birthday to your brother. (My brother also turns 70 this year.) That is a great cake.

Nonnie said...

Hey there, it's great seeing you back. So glad your husband is ok. Love the special gift for your brother.

Rebecca Jo said...

So good seeing you back again!!!
Oh gosh - that would be the best place to volunteer at. Those sweet babies. I want to go hold them now.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Welcome back! You had me at cuddler.....I've been thinking of doing that. Glad to hear that your both doing well. Happy Birthday to your brother. My brother will be 70 later this year! That's a great cake. Looking forward to hearing more.

LBDDiaries said...

WELCOME BACK! I missed you!! I must say that your brother does not look 70! And that cake really is amazing - is it locally made or did someone in the family do it? All the pictures were great (as usual) and you need to warm that Bachelor Bed up (smile)! Hurry back.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Finding time to blog can be difficult at times, I wasn't going to do any blogging but then decided I would read a few blogs today but usually a few turns into a lot more then I planned as so many blogs look and sound so interesting.

Cathy said...

Great post......thanks for blogging again!