Thursday, January 25, 2018

Oh, What a Year! 2016 Replay



2016 was a year like no other and yet a year of vague familiarities.

Sorrow

Joy

Pain

Hurt

Love


You know, a year in the life of a not so very normal person.


God is gracious not to let us see our years in advance. How could we stand knowing so many sad things would happen and many overlap. Some of those sad things would bump into joyous moments and those are the ones we cling onto, knowing that the mixture saves us from total despair. 


We started out the year getting our pool deck redone. What a mess, but we survived!




We also attended the Celebration of Life for our BIL in North Carolina.....We were sad to lose Johnny way too young.


My sweet and beautiful MIL, Matt, Charley and John at the service



In late 2015,  Jinks and Moody merged with Warren Averett forging a pathway to retirement for the Superhero.  Although a little scary (big move for someone who has owned a business for 40+ years scarier for his wife) it was a wonderful merging of two great firms.  
It was also the first time the Superhero's office has been this clean because someone who loves him worked her tail off getting it that way.


Letters from the sign on their building.

There was a special wedding...

Mr. and Mrs. Brian Spence


Me with the happy bride..


In March we spend a few days in Ocala visiting our kids and grandkids...






In May, Katie invited me to attend a mother/daughter dinner .......I was so honored.

Had a nice visit with Katie, her two girls and her husband. 

While I was there, I got the news that our dear Uncle Hugh died peacefully in his sleep at age 98.  We miss him and his sharp wit, but what a life!  He was indeed a special man. When he called me and was ready to hang up he always said "tell your husband that I love his wife." 


Matt went to Ireland.....he left us at home!

The sisters took a trip to Mississippi.....we had a good time, but Cathy kept trying to leave by way of the closet...

We stayed in the New Orleans room....every room had a theme.   We found out later that we were the only ones staying.  That was a little frightening.



The Superhero got a new hip.....


On my birthday we traveled to see my dear friend...


Her beautiful and sweet daughter...


and picked up our grandson Charley who came to spend a few days with Nana and Pappy!  We had so much fun!


July was also birthday celebration with two of my long, long time friends.  We see each other at least once a year to celebrate our birthdays which thankfully are close together or we would never see each other!


Good times!  These two know ALL my secrets!  I am so good to them!



In August we celebrate a number of birthdays, including my two sons, a daughter in law, a brother, a niece and of course the Superhero.
Throw in a couple of anniversaries and it's quite a month.

I seem to only have photos of one of said birthdays.....my son David.


Sweet September and my younger sister turned 60......finally all the sisters are in their 60's!   Some of us got together for a little birthday celebration at Runaway Island.  It was fun and the food was delicious!

My sister Debbie.... otherwise known as the birthday girl.... and her husband Mike


November and our 21st Anniversary.....we celebrated in New Orleans.  I had never been!!!

One of my favorites.....we went there every day!


We saw some very strange sights....



Took a great horse and buggy ride through the city....



And went to dinner for our Anniversary.


Every year has sad days.  We celebrated the life of my cousin Jo....

Sister Cathy, Aunt Evelyn and me


SIL Lois, brother Tommy, cousin Claire, sister Cathy, me, sister Debbie and her husband Mike and Jo's brother James and his wife

Jo's husband Steve with the sisters

Then we had Thanksgiving...





Christmas......





And another year ended.....Goodbye 2016

Oh, the years go by...things change....
I hope to see you again soon.....to recap 2017!
Spoiler.....I already know how 2017 ends!

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You're here....OMG! Thank you for sharing your year with me. Enjoyed seeing all the photos. Hope 2018 brings you and your family wonderful blessings from God.

Cathy said...

Love you blogs! You are so talented and I cannot help that the closet door looked just like the door to the hallway! What a great time we had! What was the name of that really good restaurant we went to?

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow - what a great catchup! I haven't been over here for awhile - nice to see yor blog still active :)