Monday, December 14, 2009

The start of the wedding trip....

My goodness, it seems like we've been gone forever!  Well, nine days anyhow.   My sister and her husband were going to the wedding, so we decided to take a trip to San Antonio for a few days before heading over to Austin.  

We went down to the River Walk in the misty, cold rain.  Supper was at the Iron Cactus and if you ever ride by and see one, stop and eat!  It was so delicious!  Also great to get in out of that cold rain!

Below is my sister, her husband and my husband at the Iron Cactus.  You remember, that is where we desperately tried to avoid the Mariachi singers.






Here we are.  This was the first time I've worn this big coat in years!  We just never need one in Florida!



We tried everywhere to get a picture for a Christmas card.  Here we tried to get a good one on the River Walk.  We couldn't agree on one until one we took in Austin.....you'll just have to wait for that one.





We walked on down the sidewalk to the Alamo and this pretty Christmas tree was in front.   Yes, raining!





We ran across this man feeding the pigeons outside a bar.  He was very interesting as were a lot of people we ran across that day.



In front of the Alamo...this one was nixed too. 




My sister and her husband in front of the Alamo.



Hubby and me in front of an old oak at the Alamo.



Sitting in front of a fountain on River Walk.


 


Looking down one side of River Walk....my BIL is in front wheeling along.




Someone told us of this grand place called The Market Place.  We walked forever it seemed before we got there, only to find it was sort of an indoor/outdoor flea market.  It was a LONG walk back to the hotel.

 

But on the way back, we did run into this tacky lovely bright pink Christmas tree and thought maybe this was the one....but no......not to be!
 

We were told that the Aztec theater was one of the 1000 things you need to do before you die.  We tried, we went into the lobby and asked if we could just have a tour, but the young ticket seller emphatically said NO!  Oh, well, maybe seeing the outside it good.




We did lots of other stuff in San Antonio.  One day we drove over to a big outlet mall and spent the day shopping in the rain.  I don't know about you, but shopping in the rain just does not do it for me!

Wednesday morning we battened down the hatches and started for Austin!   The main event was about to begin.

See you later for the rest of the story!

4 comments:

The Hatcher's said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful trip! Thanks for letting me know about the wedding pictures. They really turned out well. I am sorry I missed it.

Katie and Beau said...

I like the Christmas card photos!

Tonja said...

I love all the great pictures...I think the one on the bridge is wonderful! San Antonio is such a fun place to visit! But, I'll take FL. and S AL. weather!

Needled Mom said...

Oh yes, I heard about that cold weather in SA. Did you get the snow?????

Love all of the photos that you guys took. SA is such a fun city to visit.

I agree that the Iron Cactus is awesome! I did not realize that there were more than one of them. Hmmmm.

I imagine that your BIL was not a happy camper on all of those brick and stone walkways in his chair. My mother always hates those "bumps".