Friday, October 28, 2011

Date Night!

Or should I say date afternoon.  This afternoon the superhero and I went to the farm to pick up the big roots and limbs that were left after tilling the ground. 

I only went because the SH wanted me to always love going to the farm and was excited that we were going on a Friday so we could officially say we had a date.  We're trying to get ready to plant and the fields have to be prepared.  At least that's what I hear, I know nothing about farming but I'm afraid I'm about to start learning.

This is the pole barn.  Notice the skylights at the far end?  That will be an enclosed area with a bathroom.  Bathrooms are very important in my book!


Some may remember that this Kubota was my anniversary present a few years ago.....oh, you know I was thrilled.......that romantic man of mine!  In the background you can see his tractor, which I'm sure was another thought filled gift for me!   This day, my job was to drive slowly as the Superhero picked up roots and limbs and put them in the back........then I would back up to a main pile and dump them.  I actually became quite proficient at driving and dumping in case I ever need to get a job.  

I saw this little beauty and had to take his picture

A little target shooting......this was the main part of the date.....Russell had a beer while I sipped delicately from my water bottle of wine.  Pure class!


Evidence of my one bulls eye!

As we started our drive home, I had to get a shot of the pure beauty that is creation!

Have a great weekend all.

7 comments:

Deb said...

sounds like a fun date to me....

Deb said...

sounds like a fun date to me...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Certainly not your typical date but looks like it was fun!

Needled Mom said...

Now...that's a great date!!!! I can imagine the work you have ahead, and I would be seriously worried if I was an intruder and ran into a woman with a gun!!!!

Sweet Tea said...

Sometimes the most unusual is the most fun. You are a good sport. Wine from a water bottle? Not everyone can say they've done that on a date. LOL. Great photos!

Cathy said...

Looks like fun to me...I had no idea that barn, or whatever it is, was so huge. You look just like Annie Oakley in that picture with the gun. I think the house will be going up soon!!

debi said...

You always bring a smile to me face... ;-)

I actually have a love for tractors. My hubstir actually arranged for me to drive one as a birthday surprise! I loved it.

Let me know if your hiring......or not.
Hugs!