Monday, November 7, 2011

Sixteen years and counting!

Wow, I completely missed blogging about our anniversary!  
You can read about the actual day here and here and maybe a few other places, but I wanted to add a couple of pictures that I recently scanned.


I don't know how you got my bouquet, but hand it over! 


That's what it looks like I'm saying.  A dear friend of mine at the wedding.  I'm not sure why she did have the bouquet, but I'm sure she was going to give it back!


I love this picture of us with Russell's grandmother.  What a wonderful lady she was and the superhero loved her so much.  She was in her 90's when we married and she lived to 107.  Incredible!

One of the things that has been such a blessing in my life is having such wonderful family given me by marriage.....that was a slick way to get out of saying inlaws.....I don't like that word.  I always figured that if I became one flesh with my husband, his family was mine too.

Anyhow, we had a great anniversary day.  We went to the superhero's mama's house and sat and watched the sunset, then went to dinner at Car*aba's.  Being an Italian restaurant.....and being as we were having the Ironman Triathalon the next day, all the athletes were there loading up on carbs, so we had a long wait.
It was well worth waiting and we loaded up too.



We didn't get a picture at the restaurant, that wait staff was way to busy.

I don't know how the time has gone so quickly.  Some days have been like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but most have been wonderful.  We have more gray hair now and carry a few extra lbs. but it's been a great time and I pray we have many, many more years ahead!


8 comments:

LBDDiaries said...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - EXACTLY! Exhilerating, fun and never boring! Loved your picture - you guys have hardly changed at all! HAPPY 16 AND MANY MANY MORE!

Cathy said...

I love those pictures....you and Russell are indeed blessed!! You are lucky to have him by your side and he is to have you!! I know you will have many more years of "wild toad rides" as well as many more great days!! We love you both!!

Katie and Beau said...

Wow, I was really behind on the blog! Happy anniversary! Can't wait to see you!
xoxo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Anniversary. Love the photos.
Wishing you many many more. God Bless.

Needled Mom said...

Happy anniversary to both of you. It was fun to look at the pictures. 107!!! Bless her! Many more happy year wishes for you both.

Linda Rae said...

Thank you for including my picture with your very special day. Love you and you and Russell were just meant for each other. God Bless!

Dawn said...

You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day! Well, you always do.

I'm so so far behind on reading and writing - it's been two weeks since I blogged - a record for me.

Here's looking to the next 16!

The Hatcher's said...

Happy Anniversary!