Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary to the World's Greatest Husband!

Happy Anniversary Russell!  Today is our 14th anniversary.......time has really flown!  When we married, we had Russell's two boys at home....my oldest had long been out of the nest and had given me my first grandchild.  My youngest was just turning 18, graduating from high school.

What an adventure this has been!  Our sweet Savior is very wise in not giving us an outline of our lives when we're born or none of us would even think of growing up!  :)  

I will say that even though we have had lots of surprises in our marriage and lots of joy and sorrow.....our marriage is a true gift from God.  

This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding.  Although, it always reminds me why we shouldn't get transitions lenses in our glasses!  Poor daddy, his just never changed!  I love this picture because our parents were all there and it was such a happy day.   We were married in a simple ceremony in the church where we both grew from our births. 






Six months later my daddy died very suddenly and unexpectedly.  A year and a half ago, Russell's dad died from a long battle with lung cancer.   My mama can no longer stand alone or walk without help.  Russell's mom had a bout with breast cancer while his dad had lung cancer. 

On either side of us were two marriages that stood the test of time and trouble.  Two excellent examples of love, tried and true!  Thank you parents!


Our children have had various and serious trials.  But through it all, it gave me a great picture of why God chose to give Adam a helpmate.  We need each other!  


Genesis 2:18 - 24 gives the story of the first wife.  My favorite part is when Adam says of Eve........This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh!  

This I know.....no matter what the future holds for us.....as long as God leaves us together on this earth......we will hold on tight through good times and bad!  


So, as always......you have AML/AML  All my love, all my life! 


 

16 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a beautiful day.

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

lots of love
Jess

Cathy said...

awwww!!!

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Kiss that wonderful Man today!!!
God does have a way of putting the right people in our lives, timing??? All in his plan!!! We are going on 34!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Dawn said...

You were a beautiful bride - and I had to laugh at the transition lenses! That's why I don't have them - tried once, didn't like them at all.

Needled Mom said...

Happy anniversary. It is a beautiful picture.

Glad the hair turned out well.

Tonja said...

A beautiful post! God blessed you real good, didn't he? I'm sure Hubby is very delighted with this sweet tribute to your marriage.

KEE said...

Happy 14th anniversary!
I love the picture and know you will treasure it always.
You look beautiful btw.

I love what you said about why God doesn't give us an outline of our lives. So very true.

Hope you had a great anniversary. Do you guys have any plans or traditions you do each year.

kyooty said...

Congratulations, Happy Anniversary, I also got married 14yrs ago, but I've gota few months on that. :)

The White Family said...

Love that picture, it is very sweet. I love all those people in it, too! Happy Anniversary!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! Happy Anniversary! I'm impressed you're back to blogging so soon after your surgery. You must be a quick healer.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Reading about your anniversal gives me an encouragement
What a privillege to meet you and to have you and your husband serve me in a very kind way
Please give him a kiss after reading this.
I pray some day God will allow me to meet a man who will marry me
Veronica

Leslie: said...

What a beautiful couple and I have to say I LOVE Russell's smile! I'm so glad I remembered to repeat to myself over the past 17 years, "Your timing, Lord, not mine." And here I am planning to marry Lorne after first meeting him 40 years ago! May our marriage be as wonderful as yours seems to be. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Donnetta said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Gigi said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! May God bless you with many more wonderful years together!

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!