Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our anniversary

Fifteen years ago, I was nervously waiting to walk in and be joined in marriage to my sweet husband.

We were being married in the church where we both grew up.  The hand of God was evident in every part of this marriage, both in the two and a half years leading up to it and to the very day!


There is a VERY long aisle leading to the altar in this church and when we met with the preacher, I told him long aisles were for young brides and that I would come in the side door.  My second son, David walked me in because my oldest wasn't in town and was unable to attend.  We missed having Paul there!

My friends say that when it was time for me to come in, that door flung open and I jumped from the door to the altar in one step.  The photographer only had time for one quick shot!

Here we are with our preacher and our three children who were able to be there.  One reason I was especially nervous is because I suffer from inappropriate laughter......I laugh when it isn't appropriate....a nervous thing.  Russell told me he would be upset if I laughed!  Talk about pressure....as it turned out, thankfully, I didn't laugh!



Russell and I with my mama and daddy.  Daddy is the reason I will NEVER wear transitions lenses!  He always looked like he had sunglasses on!

Russell's mama and daddy.  My second set of parents!
We both miss our daddys!

Me with my sisters.....Debbie and Cathy


Me with my brothers, Michael, Tommy and Steve.

Me with my beautiful mama!

Me with my son David.


Me with my sweet daddy!   Russell is so much like daddy.

In the past 15 years, we have had joys and sorrows.  Six months after we married my daddy died suddenly.   Russell suddenly had a huge glimpse of me in grief mode.

I took on raising two more boys, so we've been through all the things you go through with children.....I said joys and sorrows!

Five years after we married, Russell's brother died suddenly.

Then almost three years ago, we lost Russell's daddy.

We've had grandchildren!!!!  Talk about JOY!

Russell has been a solid rock for me and I think I've helped him have a better sense of humor.  :)

Granted, we have had some tough times, but I figure they put for better or for WORSE in there for a reason.

Thank you dear Lord for bringing us together.....and as always you have all my love/all my life!


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights....James 1:17




8 comments:

Pauly said...

Gee, thanks Mom! Sure wish I could've been there. Let's see...November 1995? In San Diego, I'm pretty sure. Anyways, congratulations to you both!! I love you, all the more for putting up with me all these many years!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Anniversary ((HUGS)) So much has happened in those 15 years. I love all the pictures you shared.
Wishing you many more.

Needled Mom said...

Happy anniversary. It is amazing how much can happen in 15 years - sorrows and joys is right.

I am glad to read that someone else gets the giggles at the wrong times. Oh dear, I cannot tell you how often that has happened to us. It can be so embarrassing too.

Katie and Beau said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you....what a beautiful life you have had filled with the expected and unexpected ups and downs! You have a great love, I can tell!

The Hatcher's said...

I loved looking at your wedding pictures! What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!

His Song to Sing said...

Congratulations!! Happy for you and praying you enjoy many, many more!!

The White Family said...

15 years doesn't seem like that long ago, but when I think about, I was only 12 when y'all got married! Wow! We didn't really even know you very much!

Happy Anniversary! I love you and Russell both!