Sunday, November 4, 2012

Here's to Happy!

Happy Anniversary to the Superhero!  Our seventeenth......how quickly the time has gone by.....I've blogged about our wedding a few times so I'm going to use some pictures I haven't used before.....enjoy.  While you enjoy the story, lift a glass to happy!


One important detail I don't think I've ever talked about on the blog is that the Superhero really planned the whole wedding.  He found and made the appointment with the caterer and all I had to do was say yes or no to the food choices.  They even made our beautiful cake.

We had talked about just going to our preacher's office and getting married without any ceremony and I really don't remember why we decided on a small wedding, but now I'm glad.  We were both nervous on the "big" day.

It was a beautiful day!  

The Superhero and I had dated for a long time before we were engaged and engaged a long time before we were married.  I was ever so slightly impatient  ready to get married long before we actually were, but looking back, that's one of the 
wise things about the Superhero.  We learned 
important things about each other and our children that could have been a problem if we hadn't 
gone slowly into the brave, new world of marriage.

So enjoy the pictures, I enjoyed choosing them!


This was immediately after the ceremony so we were giddy with relief!  


Cutting our cake.....I can't remember what was so funny.....can you see how the Superhero is just posed with his hand over mine?  Whatever was funny, the Superhero has a great smile and an even greater laugh.


We went to the mountains in North Carolina for our honeymoon and it was so cold!  Looking outside my window today, it's bright and sunny and hot!  I think that was one of the coldest Novembers in history.

Isn't this just a typical man???  Concentrating with the remote in hand.  Does everybody watch t.v. on their honeymoon?  So intently??


One of the things I love most about North Carolina are the waterfalls.  This is a beautiful fall and some nice person took our picture.  I'm not sure if you can tell, but my nose was nearly frozen.  The day after we were here, I had to go to the doctor with bronchitis.  On my honeymoon!  We were determined to have a good time anyway and we did.  I look at these pictures and think how young we looked and we were much older than most newlyweds.  


Even as cold as it was and as sick as I got, it was a great time.  We even had a tiny bit of snow which was a novelty for us Floridians.  

And as happy as that time was, we are so much happier seventeen years later if you don't count the times we want to kill each other.  God has blessed us beyond anything we could have ever asked or imagined.  

The Superhero is not just my husband, he's my best friend.

Happy Anniversary Superhero and may we have many more!

14 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


Very sweet Miss Nancygrayce and I had just thought "they look so young!" And then YOU said it too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy anniversary!! Here's to 17 more years of happiness!

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful memories!!! I loved seeing the pictures. Happy anniversary to both of you.

PCovi said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are well today and have lots of fun.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are a beautiful couple. I wish you many more years of wedded bliss!

Juli said...

Awe! Congrats!

Tami said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! Sweet memories with sweet pictures. Your honeymoon sounds like you had fun even though it was cold and your got sick. Here's to many, many more memories!!!

Mimi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you 2 Lovebirds!!!
I loved your story and the pics!!!
What a great story you two make!!!
Love stories are my favorite and Ours..I mean Yours is YOUR favorite!!!
LOL
hugs 2 U,
jamie

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!

I agree that it's important to learn all of those things about each other and the accompanying children BEFOREHAND!

thouartloosed said...

Happy Anniversary! Lovely photographs. Thank you for sharing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweet post and I love the pictures. Happy Anniversary!!!

Stephanie said...

Such sweetness!! Happy Anniversary to you! 17 years is a big deal and you deserve to celebrate:)

Dee said...

Dear Nancy, this was a wonderful posting and a tribute to your husband and your marriage. Thank you for sharing the photographs which put me right there in the mountains of North Carolina. Happy day and peace.

LBDDiaries said...

Oh how I loved this post! I loved the pictures and your commentary. We only had one weekend so I really laughed at the tv comment because we did watch Amazon Women on the Moon (can you say "cheese"?)and the older sci-fi versions of The Blob, some with Adriene Barbeau.. Swamp Thing? So hysterical on a honeymoon!