Friday, November 30, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....



FYI......that was not the picture I meant to put up on Mrs. 4444's link, but I unfortunately hit buttons impulsively sometimes.  


Really?  Cause this old girl has a sinus infection and is not feeling so very wonderful.  In fact for the last two days, I've been up at 3 AM......you read it right!  When you can't breathe, you just can't sleep.  Headachy, face achy, just achy from the neck up!

********

Oh, yea!  We interrupt this gripe session because......

It's Friday and I may be late and this may not even get published, but I'm trying to form fragments in my poor old, sick, tired brain.  Go over and visit Mrs. 4444 who is the Friday Fragments host and see what bits of thoughts others have had floating around in their brains this week.

********

Backing up to our Austin trip, we visited my baby brother and his wife and two girls who recently moved there.....




AND our nephew.




We all went to lunch at a wonderful restaurant called Maudy's.  I can't say enough about the food except YUM!

********

For the record, let it be known that we are officially almost completely decorated for Christmas on the last day of November!  No pictures for now, but this is pushing me into Christmas much more quickly than I like.  Every year, I say NO TREE.....and the Superhero puts the tree up and gives me the you are so Scrooge look.  Then I have to give in and put on the ornaments....they're on and things are looking Christmassy!

********

Like many of you, I got the message that I had reached my limit for free pictures on the blog.  That just won't work for me because I love pictures AND I'm printing my blog each year into a book.  So I paid the fee and it is monthly now.  I know some said it was an annual fee. 

The Superhero said I could just go back and delete the early years of posts.....I said "you don't even know me!"  He sighed. 

********

Our church is on the Christmas parade route and this year we are setting up a table with cookies and hot chocolate.  It should be fun and a nice outreach too.  That's tomorrow night.....the first day of December in case you missed that little fact.

********

I'm done folks!  Have a good weekend!


14 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Bummer about the nasty sinus infection! it's hard to "Fa-la-la-la-la" with an achy head!!...Tis the season to see lots of family, and your family is "lookin" good in Austin.
Enjoy your weekend activities and I hope you get some sleep tonight, GF!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm going to be late posting my Friday Fragments, too. Not because I'm not feeling well ... I had the Ts today. Blogging and quilting both take a back seat when I have the Ts. ;-)

Hope you'll be feeling better soon -- able to breathe!!! {{hug}}

Deb said...

I hope you get feeling better soon...no fun....I know I had to purchase more storage too...it was a flat rate then...I deleted a bunch of my early post...now I regret doing it...

Cathy said...

I believe I am the first to comment!! Maudy's was wonderful!! Iron Cactus' loss!! I only have a couple of Christmas decorations out and have not put my new "pull up" tree up yet...maybe tomorrow. I did order my Christmas gift from my husband tonight and am not sure I ordered the right thing, but I guess that will be the surprise!! I hope it comes gift wrapped!!
We had a good time in Austin, but next time we will take two days to get there. Have fun at the Christmas Parade!!

Cathy said...

Ok, I was not first!!

Keetha Broyles said...


Hope you feel better SOON.

No fun being sick this time of year, or any other time of year for that matter!

Tami said...

Sinus infections suck! I hope you feel better!
Hopefully you feel good enough to do the Christmas Parade.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for coming by and maybe one day you will be in Mobile during business hours:) Now that sounds like a long trip out to Austin. Hope you and I both start feeling better SOON!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Needled Mom said...

So sorry to hear you don't feel well. Those sinus infections are nasty.

Dang...guess if you have a tree you need to have ornaments! ;) I hope to get mine finished this weekend.

It looks like you enjoyed a nice visit with your family on your trip.

Have a great December.

PCovi said...

So sorry you are sick!!
I've got a couple of boys with "it".
I'm starting to think everyone lives in Austin! I've never been but it seems to attract lots of people!
Someone said you could pay a one time
thing at Picasa rather than blogger.

momto8 said...

hope you are feeling better. sinus infections stink anytime!!!
I am a almost finished decorating...still moving Santas around
I have heard about the pictures reaching a limit...I hope that doesn't happen to me, I mostly only post
wordless wednesday photos so I think I will be ok..

.
i


Debby@Just Breathe said...

You did pretty good for now feeling very well. I wish I was done decorating. I am sure I will be done by December 25th :) I am paying the monthly fee but you could choose an anual fee if you want. So glad you got to spend time with family.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hope you're feeling better now!

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you are feeling better too. I hate to say but I think I am getting one too. We are passing crud around! I am glad you got to be with your family though. Looked like a nice time. I hope you have a good day.
sandie