Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen


I'm participating for the first time today in Linda's Random Dozen.  Go on over to join in the fun.

1.Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?

If I'm just a little sick, I'm just fussy.....if I'm really sick, I get scared and want someone with me, why I don't know!

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?

I think.....poor, poor mamas!

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?

Dusting!  I hate dusting and it seems as if I dust and turn around and need to dust again!

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?

Actually, I do have a heart wreath I hang when I remember!  I'm not a big Valentine day celebrant.

5. What song is on your mind today?

I didn't have a song on my mind until I read this and immediately, Willy Nelson's You were always on my mind....came to mind.  That's a lot of minds for someone who can't find hers!

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?

I love the Jane Austin movies.....Pride and Prejudice, etc. but I really like a good suspense movie (not as in gory) and a good love story, but it has to be at least a little bit realistic.  

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. 

My husband and I rarely have a tiff, but if we do, I can't put it aside until it is resolved.....my way....:)  

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)

His walk....seriously, I met my husband (again, we had actually known each other all our lives) at the walking park.  He has a very distinctive walk!  I also thought he had nice legs.  But now, most of all I love his laugh!  If you ever hear it, you'll never forget that laugh.  

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Last night, when my husband walked in the door from work.  

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Excitedly waiting to see who I got cards from at school.  I don't know why, since we all gave each other one!  Incurable romantic, I guess!

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Sweet tart hearts....

12. Red or pink?
Red

11 comments:

Jill said...

#9 was so sweet! And I love a good suspense story too. As long as it stays suspense and doesn't go into horror! It was nice to "meet" you. You've got a great blog.

Tonja said...

Very sweet post...be sure you hubby sees this one!

Loui♥ said...

Hi Nancy..
just reread back through your previous posts..
am still laughing..
we'll have to visit more via email..
louiewindom@gmail.com
as you know my sister lives in PC..
we are planning to move to the area next year..
but more time for that later..
as i said, your blog is delightful!!
Love it!!
warm hugs..
laughing smiles..
Loui♥

Loui♥ said...

Hi again Nancy..
just wanted to say..
LOVE THE HEADER PHOTO!!!!
beautiful summery day..
need it badly..
to bury my toes in the sand..
put shells in my pockets..
and SMILE!!
cause I'm back on native soil!!
hugs and laughing smiles..
Loui♥

Deb said...

I like your answers...tell your daughter in law happy birthday from Texas...

Skoots1moM said...

love me some dark choco...
oh, no...the Baskin and Robbins song just came on again while I was posting my comment :'

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray, you joined in today. Wasn't it fun. Loved reading your answers. I love sweetarts so much. When I was in grade school their was this one boy who had a crush on this girl. That is when sweetarts just came out. He had money and at lunch time he went to the local store and bought her the whole box of packets. I was so jealous.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing!

until next time... nel

Sharon said...

Enjoyed your post. Nice to get to know a little about my bloggin friends. It is clear you are a very blessed lady! Enjoy.
Sharon

Mimi said...

HI Nancy!!!!
Love sweethearts as well!!!
Love that you noticed his walk first and the your heart still skips a beat when he walks in, how sweet!!!!
Great answers!!!
hugs,
jamie

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

It's really nice to meet you! Thanks for trying the meme this week. I hope you enjoyed it enough to give it a go again next week. I enjoyed your answers, esp. the one about your husband, very unique. Have a great weekend1