Friday, January 23, 2009

The Superhero saves the day........again!




That is my husband with his laptop solving a problem for me.....as usual!

For reasons I probably shouldn't go into on my blog (even though you know I'm an open book) I have to do a payroll every week. Always the day I do the time sheets, I'm in a bad mood. I am not a bookkeeper, I am just in this position because....well, I'm in this position. SO.....today I had a particularly bad time with the job and complained (yes, Bible study ladies, it is a sin! AND I'm sorry) apparently quite a lot, so tonight husband decides to make a spread sheet to make it easier for his little wife. Maybe he's just tired of hearing me whine???

I don't know, maybe you all know how to do spread sheets and know all the formulas and such, but as for me, I thought spread and sheet went on the bed! No, my husband didn't think that was funny either. I worked with people.....delinquents....they couldn't do the math any better than I could. My husband is very good with numbers, spread sheets and probably most anything else you could bring to mind. I asked sweetly for him to show me how to set it up so I wouldn't have to ask him every week. He replied, just watch me. So....off go his fingers like a race horse out of the gate, he puts on his concentrating face and I'm just lost. He worked on it for an hour....my attention span isn't even that long!

At one point, I asked how he knew what the formula for each cell was and he just looked at me....so, and please don't miss this ladies, your husbands will love this.

Are you ready?? I was frustrated and said,and I quote......"you just think I'm stupid because I'm stupid!" I didn't mean to add that last stupid in there, it just slipped out.

We both had a great laugh! He set it up, he saved it, he put it on my computer and now.....I have to utilize my new spread sheet. I'll find out next week if I'm a good student!

I'd like to say congratulations to one of the young mothers in our Bible study....she missed our study yesterday because she was having a baby!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Too funny! I'm a whiz at word processing. Give me an Access file to set up - VERY easy one - and I can maneuver it a bit. But don't even think about suggesting that I figure out Excel. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it any more!

Needled Mom said...

Do you mean computers can do more than blog?????????????? Oh my!!!!!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Hopefully this will make you feel better....thanks for your support and prayers while we were getting settled with the twins. Come on over to my blog and get your Lemonade Award....given to bloggers who have show good attitudes......Have a great day!!

Tonja said...

I do not know what a spread sheet is...I do not want to know what a spread sheet is...I have lived 55 years without knowing about them and I just bet I can live 55 more without knowing about them!

I am very impressed if you know what they are and what to do with them...you go girl!

Jess said...

Sounds like a wonderful hubby! ANd that also sounds like something I would say...LOL

Glad he's helping you, and we all have things we have to learn.

Love, Jess

Have a great weekend

Wise Grandma said...

Apparently lack of math skills is a family trait. My idea of a spreadsheet is three envelopes marked grocery, allowance and don't touch this!

windycorner said...

Right there with ya! This kind of thing is way above my skill set. Funny story...heeheehee!
Holley