Friday, March 29, 2013

Oh, I'm so late with my Friday Fragments!  It's a sign that I'm either too busy or too lazy.  Just take your pick.  

It's Good Friday and I am so thankful today and every day for the sacrifice Christ made to save me......truly because He lives I can face another day.  There are so many things that point to the Savior.  It baffles me when people don't believe.....I always think of the scripture that says if we keep quiet, even the stones will cry out....that's in Luke.  All nature is evidence of God.....my favorite is the pine tree.  When they put out their new growth.....always around Easter time.... the new growth is in the shape of crosses.  You can read about that here

*****

Speaking of nature, I love an oak tree as much as the next person, but the stuff that drops off.......not so much!  

Remind you of anything?  Like seaweed on the beach?  I had vacuumed this stuff up several times before I took these pictures.  





It covered the surface of the pool and I couldn't skim fast enough to even keep up with it falling.  

*****
Tomorrow I will be driving out of town to a wedding.  This sweet girl is getting married!  
They are long time friends of my sister's and if you get involved with our clan, you become part of us pretty quickly!


*****


With that I'll say goodnight and 

He is Risen!

14 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, I can't understand how so many are unable to see what we see.
Your trees are definitely messy. Have a great time at the wedding. They are always fun. HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Nonnie said...

He is risen indeed.
You certainly accomplished more than I did.
I never knew that about pine trees.
Happy wedding and Easter.

Juli said...

All good reminders of the beauty that's around us. But holy heck, that's a lot of stuff to clean up. I'm not a big fan of pine though, first it's wicked on my sinuses, and second it leaves everything coated in yellow for about a month.

momto8 said...

Happy Easter!! I too cannot understand how anyone could doubt...just look around all of creation gives Gods glory!!!
have fun at he wedding...sounds like fun!!

PCovi said...

I don't know if you read La Table de Nana, but she witnessed the sweetest thing in nature that sure made me see the Lord! Go see :)
Happy Easter to you!

Diane said...

That's one busy Oak tree! Happy Easter my friend. Diane

Barb said...

Happy Easter!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed your fragments! Ugh, we call those silly brown things - worms, clingy ones at that.:o)

I love weddings, they all are so different, yet each one is beautiful.

Easter blessings to you!

Dee said...

Dear Nancy, Happy Easter and happy wedding. peace.

Keetha Broyles said...

Now that's one DIRTY tree, Nancygrayce!!!

Needled Mom said...

What is that stuff....moss??? Our oak trees don't shed stuff like that. It is just the acorns and leaves here.

Have a safe trip and a very blessed Easter.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Great post not to long and I managed to read it all which for me today is something as I really am feeling yuck.......

Easter is a special day and I hope my girls remember why we celebrate this time of year

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I don't see anything like that off the oak trees here in Illinois.

Hope you enjoyed that wedding.

Cathy said...

You are right your dog is much bigger than mine with that oak tree stuff....I guess I will have to quit complaining about my mess!! Thank you so much for coming and sharing Roni's special day!! And a special day it was!! The weather, the couple, the friends and family!! Roni deserved a great day and she got it and shared it with her sweet sister, Sam, and she let all the rest of sneak in around the fringes!! Love you...see you tomorrow!!