Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Today

Tuesday.....

Yesterday, I walked in the morning for the first time since beginning to recover from the crud......it was 35degrees.......

Today when we walked it was 61 degrees.  What a difference a day makes.

Heard around our house.....

Yesterday......as the Superhero is leaving for work....maybe the laundry fairy will come today.....
Me......Oh, dear, someone forgot to tell you that, just like the tooth fairy, the laundry fairy is not real!  

Today.......the laundry fairy is here as we speak.  She lives here......haven't you always wanted a live in laundry fairy?  Well, I'm not available at the moment.

Yesterday.....the Superhero left at 7 a.m. for work and got home after 8:30 p.m.  I did take him supper even if I didn't get the laundry fairy for him.

Today......I told the Superhero how thankful I am that he works so hard for our family.  Yes, as a matter of fact I think he was a little shocked at my praise.  Of course, that was right before I told him I just bid on an item on Ebay.....something I have only ever done once and thankfully I didn't win the bid that time.  Maybe I won't this time either!  Yikes!

Speaking of the Superhero, let me give him a little plug.......but try to keep it to yourself ok?.......the man works and works hard and works long hours. Not that he's always sweet, but I do believe if I worked that many hours I might be a little cranky when I got home.  He never is.....he's smiling when he leaves and he's smiling when he walks back in the door.  Well, except when he noticed I was watching what he calls my little "taste of trash".....the B*ch*lor.  OK......it really is trashy, but I confess I'm fascinated.  

Since I'm feeling better today, I started working on getting the oak leaves out of the pool........I did this because it's windy and forecast to rain and, why did I do this again???  Sigh, tomorrow there will be many more small, aggravating leaves to retrieve.  But spring IS coming isn't it????

I just found out after visiting my friend Kathy that Florida is number 34 in the saddest states in America!  That was so hard for me to believe......I mean we have beaches, warm weather, no snow.....I'm not that sad most of the time.  That means there are only 16 states that are sadder than Florida!  I think this may have been rigged.




Thank you to another friend......she doesn't have a blog......for giving me this link where I found the marble Easter eggs I wanted to go in the little basket.  They are really pretty!



That's all I have today.......but I would like to leave you with this quote I heard recently in a prayer.....

Jesus......we cannot live without you and we DARE not die without you. 


11 comments:

debi said...

Love the ending prayer, not truer words.
Glad you are up and about...cracked me up about the laundry fairy not being real, I do love, love love your humor!
Nice of you to give praise to your superhero for working hard. I have recently learned to do more of that..it really goes a long way.
Don't over do it in your recovery!

Hugs

Nonnie said...

I love the ending prayer and may add it to my collection or FB it.
It was warmer here in Texas yesterday than Florida. Isn't that a little strange? It was in the mid 80's here, but today it is cool and windy, in the 50's.
Maybe the statistics about Florida being a sad state have to do with the senior, senior (very old) population?
Laundry fairy was at our house today, too. :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have a few marble eggs. That reminds me that I need to get out my Easter decorations. Glad your feeling better. California was number 18!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love that ending prayer. Glad you're feeling better. The laundry fairy needs to come to my house ... maybe tomorrow? I still can't understand why Florida is so far down that list. I'd be curious to know how they came up with those rankings ... what criteria they used, the demographics of those they interviewed, etc. ;-)

Needled Mom said...

How can FL be a sad state....there is too much beauty there.

Glad you are feeling better. When you find those fairies...please send them this way.

Cathy said...

I like the eggs!! And if you walk in the am, it will be in the 30's again.....we live in Florida, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

Deb said...

Laundry Fairy I need one!!!!! Glad you are feeling better

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Nancy, don't we all wish for the laundry fairy! Isn't it amazing how many dirty clothes two people can create?

So glad you are feeling better.

I can't imagine Florida being a "sad state" but Louisiana was one of the top "saddest" states in that same survey. Makes me sad to think that.

Always a delight to stop by, would love to meet you in person. Blessings galore to you!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What a great post what a great prayer.....I wish there was a laundry fairy as there are days I hate doing the laundry.......but more I wish there was a bath cleaning fairy as I really hate to clean the bath...........

Powdered Toast Man said...

how can someone not have a blog? You should really talk to your friend about that.

Chatty Crone said...

Nancy - why after all these times did you not tell me I wasn't following you? It was a slip up on my part, I am so sorry!

Gosh I hope you get back to feeling great - right away.

You seem really busy! Don't to do much without resting.

sandie