Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday come softly....

That post title has absolutely nothing to do with this post, I just liked the sound of it and wish Saturdays would come softly instead of with two dogs kissing me to wake me to let them outside before dawn.  Ah, but at least we didn't walk before dawn on this Saturday!  The Superhero needed to rush off to work because he took off early last night to take me out to eat because he thought I was depressed.  I have absolutely NO clue where he got that idea!

So in honor of Saturdays and because I need to be cleaning house instead of blogging......and because  I'm a natural procrastinator..... I want to talk about my Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner.......and as I've explained in past posts, I get NOTHING from any product that you ever see on my blog.  I am always amazed at the people who are actually making money with their blogs and when I mentioned that to the Superhero, his reply was.....not my baby, she hates making money, only loves spending!  What???  Then off to work with you dearest!

Back to the rainbow vac.....I clean my own house....I hate cleaning house, but I would hate even more cleaning it so someone else could come in and get paid to clean....cause we all know a housekeeper cannot come into a dirty house.....so I clean it myself and besides I would much rather have a massage than a clean house.  

Years and years ago I purchased my first Rainbow vacuum cleaner from my nephew who was selling them to make money for college I guess......or a car or something.  Anyhow, being possessed with a guilt conscience and after letting him give the demonstration, I felt obligated to buy one and paid payments forever because yes, they are that expensive.  BUT.......I will have to say they are also worth the money.  If I had the guts, I would post pictures of what I just emptied out of mine after vacuuming JUST the carpets in my house......and I have no wall to wall carpet, just area rugs. I do not however have the nerve, so you will just have to trust me, it was nasty!


This is not my actual vacuum cleaner, but a picture I pulled off the Internet.  Mine looks just like this, but of course I plug the attachment hose into mine.    If you aren't familiar with a Rainbow Vacuum, there is a water reservoir that goes just above the wheels where all the dirt, animal hair and dust is collected and when you are finished cleaning, you dump the water and whatever else is in it and you have a clean floor and vacuum.  No bags, no smell unless you leave it sitting for a few days and the water sours but that is a different post that will never be written!.....just clean floors.  I have a big strainer that I pour the water through and then dump the "stuff" in the garbage outside.....I do that so that in the event that I have vacuumed an earring or something else valuable, I'll see it and rescue it before disposing of the real "stuff".  

The very best thing about the Rainbow is that I didn't replace it for close to thirty years so I'm thinking it paid for itself....it's a worker and I always feel like things are really clean after I'm finished.  

I really should be getting paid for this don't you think?  

I want to do a really serious post next and so take this as my light post!  Now you'll have something to look forward too won't you?  

So......I think I've put it off as long as I possibly can......have a nice day while I go back to cleaning.  Sigh.....and it's a gorgeous day outside!


10 comments:

Nonnie said...

A Rainbow vacuum was always a dream of mine. However, I had to settle for a Hoover and something called a Riccar (recommended by the salesman who I guess needed to get rid of it), and now 2 Roombas, which are robots. I believe you about the nasty dirt. It's amazing how daily dirt is and how quickly it shows it's ugly face. I'm glad to hear your testimonial on this. Maybe I will have one someday.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Skye will do that too but she is not up at dawn, she likes to sleep in!
I had a Rainbow years ago. I loved it. I probably should buy one again but I just hate spending that kind of money. There is nothing like it! I cleaned house Friday but still have our bedroom/my office to do!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I would love to have someone come clean ... but I know full well that I would not allow them to come into my dirty house and would have to clean up beforehand. Kinda defeats the purpose. ha!

Rebecca Jo said...

I've never even heard of those...

We go through a vacuum a year. No joke. With my hair, my husband's hair down to his butt, & four dogs? Oh yeah, we're tough on vacuum's!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I have heard of the Rainbow Vacs for years and everyone seems to love them. We have a vacuum system. And, yes, you really should get paid for that lovely post!

I'll be waiting with "baited breath" for your serious post. You have my curiousity aroused.

Happy week!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have never heard of a rainbow vacuum cleaner, but it is great when you find a vacuum cleaner that goes the distance........

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

When I got married, my step-MIL bought me an Oreck. At the time they were all the rage and everyone was raving about them... do you know I never liked it? Now I have a plain old vacuum I got at Walmart when the Oreck finally died... couldn't even tell you what brand it is, but judging from the amount of dirt it pulls up each week, it does a fine job!

momto8 said...

I think I need a rainbow vac!

Sweet Tea said...

I guess I am "totally uninformed", as I have never heard of a Rainbo Vacuum. I had no idea of what I was missing! They sound wonderful. I have an old Electrolux which I bought from a friend secondhand - it works pretty well when I use it. It's the "when I use it" part that's tricky!

Dee said...

Dear Nancy, I have an Oreck because it's so light and that helps as the hands have gotten somewhat arthritic. The truth is that I have wall-to-wall carpeting but I vacuum rather seldom. Of course, most of the carpet has a thin layer of cat hair on it!!!! Peace.