Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He's going home!

The tube is out, the catheter is out and papa is eating and he's going home tomorrow. Since my brain is mush these days, what I forgot to say in my last post was that the cancer has not spread to his brain, he had a stroke! I am sure it was the day his head was hurting so bad and he couldn't see. A neurologist was called in and confirmed what the ct showed and discovered he was blind in his left eye.



But papa has been surprising us all along this path....today he started seeing some out of that eye and when the neurologist came in he said that if a person who's had a stroke starts getting better soon, they most likely will get back the things they lost due to the stroke.

All in all I just say this.......Psalm 116:7
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.

Oh, and also in the last post I meant to say AT Easter not OF Easter...hey, I warned you my brain is mush!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that Papa is coming home for Easter. I am also thrilled to hear that the cancer had not spread. Hopefully, with the early recovery from the stroke, he will continue to make remarkable progress.

Brain mush is understandable with all that you have had on your plate.

Have a blessed Easter.

Dawn said...

What good news! Just right for Easter week!

Leslie: said...

Praise God! How wonderful that Papa is coming home for Easter - kind of symbolic. :D

nancygrayce said...

Oh, Tonja, I was reading comments after coming home today from a long day in the ER with Russell's dad and I hit reject comment when I meant to hit publish and it won't let me change it! Thank you for the sweet thoughts. And so to all of you!

Leslie: said...

Oh, by the way, Nancy - I've tagged you so you're IT! Check my latest post.