Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hearing aids anyone?

Honestly, I thought I would just throw in some results of my craziness which include not being able to hear! My granddaughter will be 16 the end of June And I'm flying out to be there!!!! I am so excited. We had planned an R.V. trip out in July but with Russell's dad being so sick, we decided that needed to wait. I was really down because I really wanted to go see them. So my sister and I are flying out...I can't wait!!

Today I called my daughter in law at work to ask her what would be something special for Ashley's 16th birthday that she could keep forever as a memory.

ME: Any Ideas?

Maria: She's always wanted a rocket.

Me: A what?

Maria: A rocket, the ones you put pictures in....

Me. I'm thinking to myself a time capsule??? Totally confused.

Maria: yes, she said she should have been born in another generation because she likes the old fashioned stuff, like the locket.

LOCKET......oh, I see. Whew, it was going to be tough getting a rocket past security! Now I just have to find the perfect locket!

Any great ideas???

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Too funny! I am so glad that you will get to make the trip out to visit her. A locket? Ummmm. The young girls are all liking the ones that open and they can put photos inside. Guess they are going back to the old things again.

Tonja said...

Sounds like fun! I would get one that you could get engraved with the date and her name, too.

Where is 'there'...by the way?

Leslie: said...

Yes, I agree with the others - a locket that can be opened to put in a photo and have it engraved with her birthdate.