Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday.....a very busy day!

Although I really don't like getting up and being places early on Saturday mornings unless I can go in my pajamas, this morning we had a mother/daughter seminar on hospitality at church with a very special speaker!

Below is Jill, a talented young woman and gifted Bible teacher. She presented an excellent program on Christian hospitality and how it has been used throughout the ages and ways we can use hospitality to honor Christ in our own lives.




There were lots of mothers there, both young and, well, my age.


Lots of time for questions and for suggestions as to how we can use hospitality.


There were lots of people there, visiting before we got started.


Oh, and did I mention food? Wonderful food. Well, what is a seminar on hospitality without food?


It was a very enjoyable and informative morning. My MIL went with me and she enjoyed it too!

After I got home and changed clothes, Russell and I loaded up our bikes and rode down to 30 A to ride our bikes through Rosem*ry Be*ch and down through other little beach developments.

It was lots of fun and hard pedaling! I just knew we had ridden 20 miles, but after loading up the bikes, we drove the same distance and it was only 5 miles one way! So we rode a total of 10 miles. It felt like more, but I'm thinking well, 10 miles is pretty good! I've been riding to my mama's most days, so I didn't tire as easily, although I did drink two bottles of water on the ride. It was hot. I also got a farmer's burn on my arms!

We drove the scenic route home, got showered and changed again and went to a funeral visitation for a man we've all known a long time. His wife was so precious! I leaned down to hug her and she said we had 67 years together and every single day was wonderful! I say what a testimony! Russell's mom went with us and afterwards, we went out to eat.

It was a busy day, but a very good day!

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh man, you did all that while I was just lounging around in my PJ's, reading, blogging, and watching TV.

Cathy said...

Was that Mr. Bingham????

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun and busy day - have a great Mother's Day!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....you did have a busy day.

Happy Mother's Day.

Gigi said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to start the weekend! Happy Mother's Day!!

Tammy said...

I'm with you... not so fond of getting up early on a Saturday to get out the door. However, IT WAS SO WORTH IT. I was excited to see you blogged about it. :) Oh and the bikeride out on 30A was a nice touch to your day. What a wonderful day before Mother's Day.
Love you Nancy!