Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

My son says if you'll send him your address, he'll get your check right in the mail!

When he came home from work and saw that I had cleaned his room, he could be heard singing the Hallelujah Chorus a block away! In fact, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if HE wrote that anonymous comment just to get me to clean! He's sneaky like that!

So here we are again, looking into his room from the hall......as you can clearly see, I've organized (I use that term loosely) his dresser and dusted!


His Gator clothes hamper is now holding his dirty clothes and his makeshift desk is dusted.

Now he'll be able to actually see his t.v. even though he should be studying and not watching t.v. You can also see my grandmother's rocking chair and quilt clearly now that all that dust is gone! Oh, but that door??? That leads to his bathroom.......I didn't clean there!

Oh, his sheets are clean, his bed is made! The blanket on the end of his bed is one he bought when he was on a missions trip to Guatemala, the red and yellow pillows were sent to us from my niece when she was in Japan. I need to put something on that wall, but haven't gotten around to it yet. He also has that pretty window, I did NOT dust his blinds....I didn't have a week!

Mikey and Jack are saying, now that's more like it!

And this pillow???? Well, anonymous, this is especially for you!



Once again, let me say how much Matt appreciates you for spurring me to clean his room!!!
Seriously, I'm not mad! Matt was never mad at me for the first set of pictures, he really did think it was funny.
The serious things of life, we take very seriously, the others......we just have to laugh! Try it, it's contagious!





9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh NancyGrayce, you are FAR NICER than I would be. When my children were really little I used to have them "help" me clean their rooms - - - as they got older they were on their own. If they chose to live in a pig sty, then so be it - - - I just closed their door.

Let's have a little guessing game on here as to how LONG that room stays clean. If you son is anything like my young-adult children, it will only last a matter of hours or days.

Dawn said...

Anonymous started a very good thing. But I don't think I would have been that kind! You are nicer than me, I guess!

nancygrayce said...

Hours, he's been home about 3 hours!

nancygrayce said...

The funny thing is this....Matt has laughed at this whole thing! He could care less what I post!

Tonja said...

Love your attitude...I'm sure he truly appreciates your help. These boys, they just don't change a bit in some areas! But, hey...you gotta love 'em anyway.

Laughter covers over so much...and it's so much more fun than fussing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping today and enjoyed reading your blog...I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway. Happy Sunday!

Sharon said...

I wouldn't worry about that person, I bet they aren't that clean too.
I did post on the last one as well.
Greatttttt post
Have a beautiful day my friend
Loving your son, and I know he loves you!!!!!

Jess said...

Yep way nicer than me! LOL

Have a great weeks end!

Lots of love
PS...it looks way better!

Jess

Corie said...

Came across your blog....you visited my mom's blog (queenmimicorner.blogspot.com). Just wanted to comment on the awesome silouhette of your son...I just LOVE silouhettes and had one done of my daughter while visiting Disneyworld last month. I just may do this every year! LOVE reading your blog!