Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update Day

A funny thing happened on the way to this update.....

Try to remember that this is completely random!

Phone rings.....I asks for my husband.....I hand the phone to husband as he mouths  who is it?  I mouth back the guys name.....husband mouths back a name that was actually similar but the wrong name.  All of a sudden I'm thinking....WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY HELLO AND YOU'LL KNOW WHO'S CALLING???   I guess he read my mind because he said hello.  Or maybe it was me laughing....just not sure! 

O.K. now on to the updates. 

I'm having problems uploading pictures tonight, so this will just be a short and sweet update.....or not!  Sometimes I have a lot of nothing to say.

My shoulder is doing pretty good.  Therapy isn't too bad.  I did notice the arm I'm doing the therapy on is toning up and the other isn't....could be a problem!

David had his appointment with the cardiologist.  I really liked the doctor, he seemed truly concerned and thorough.  He seems to think David has PSVT .  Paroxysmal supraventricular (atrial) tachycardia is a regular, fast (160 to 220 beats per minute) heart rate that begins and ends suddenly and originates in heart tissue other than that in the ventricles.

According to the doctor, this is less serious than SVT.  Whew!  David wore a Holter Monitor for 24 hours and will have a stress test and an echocardiogram.   The doctor also thinks that David is on a much lower dose of medicine than he will need to control the heart rate, but won't determine that until all the tests come back.  Unless something serious shows up, he won't go back until the first of January. 

I know you know I'm not going to finish this without a complaint about the cardiologist office!  :)  You're right!  The doctor examined David and talked about the medication.  When David called the office back to tell them he would run out of medicine before his appointment, he was told he would have to call his regular doctor.  I'm sorry, I just don't get that.......

BUT!  I guess I really don't have to, do I? 


Needled Mom said...

Glad to read that the tests were showing a more positive sign regarding the situation. Dr. offices are always so crazy.

I can offer sympathy regarding the photos. I think I have finally figured it out here. If you want some advice regarding Blogger, just e-mail me. I'll let you know what I have discovered.

Cathy said...

And I can tell you that his regular doctor will say he has to call his cardiologist!!

And who was it on the phone???

Mimi said...

I'm still laughing about the phone call as I can see my hubby doing the same thing!!!!
Glad you got your son all started on the right track, crazy dr's!!!!!
Glad you are feeling better too!!!

The Hatcher's said...

Really glad the condition is less serious. I hope the medication gets worked out. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Donnetta said...

Sounds like good news on all fronts. Other than having the hassle with the meds and who to call to get more. UGH!

Tonja said...

Hi Nancy
Glad you are doing well...better work on both arms though!

Glad to hear the cardiologist visit went well. Ian (my youngest) was born with PAT...Paroxymal Atrial Tachycardia. He had a major attack when he was just 6 weeks old! And, he was on meds untill he was about 15. Then, he had surgery in Birmingham. They called it an ablation. They go in and burn away the offending tissue. He had to have the operation done the second time. He still has flare ups from time to time...but he is on no meds and does just fine. Most people can get along very well with medication. Hope this is going to be what he needs!

Amy said...

LOL my husband does that too!