Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twas the Eve of Thanksgiving

I'm a bit calmer tonight as we have all the tables ready for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast.  I have a big family.....one of my many blessings!  Here's a sampling of what's to come tomorrow.

Maybe I should explain this first one......Russell's dad had this Wild Turkey decanter and I have had it in the guest room.....I walked by it the other day and thought, well, it is a turkey!  So I put it in the back bathroom.




I really liked this mirror and put it in the same bathroom......I think I got these tin turkeys at P**lix several years ago.




I would love to claim this as my handiwork.  But it's not.  Last week I was so stressed about having the house clean for Thanksgiving, but still wasn't up to using my arm full force.  On a whim I called M*r*y M*ids and begged them to come clean.  What a relief!  I wouldn't want them all the time, but for the times when my plate is just overflowing, it's a good thing to have a little help!  Anyway, this is their handiwork!  I'm taking it out of the bathroom until Thanksgiving afternoon when guests are here.




Dining room table all set and ready.




We rearranged and put a table in the living room.





Two of the tables set in the garage.




The other two tables in the garage...we're counting on cool and sunny tomorrow!



We will have two more tables out by the pool, but we are setting them up in the morning.  We have a canopy that we'll put up over those tables. 

So, tomorrow is family and friends day around our house.

There are many we will miss who can't come.....but we know they'll have a great day too!

Happy Thanksgiving all!  I'm thankful for each of you friends here in blogland!

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds wonderful! We're having a really small crowd this year - only 11, I think - and it's at my folks', so I just have to make a pie in the morning - did the rolls today.

Mimi said...

HI NaNCY!!!!
wow YOU DO have a large family if you need that many tables!!!! Good for you, I like to say the more the merrier!!!!! I love big family gatherings!!!! I miss those days!!!! My family is spread out from Seattle to Illinois and some in Missouri!!!!My Dad's side are all pretty much still in Indiana, but they reaLLY do not all go to one place anymore, spread out because the families have all married and grown up. My husband's family all pretty much live in AZ, but we do not usually get together with them on Thanksgiving.
I bet it is warm there on Thanksgiving, kinda like here!!!!
Have a Blessed day
love,
jamie

Amy said...

wow I like your house, have a good week :-)

Needled Mom said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. We celebrate our on Saturday.

Donnetta said...

Looks like you are well organized and on your way to having a houseful! Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I don't think I have ever cooked for more then 8 people! Have a beautiful day and enjoy your leftovers tomorrow.

Cathy said...

It was a wonderful day. Ya'll did a great job. I was trying to count how many were there, but I kept losing track.....so how many of us were there? Anyway, it was great and we love you for having us all!!

Tonja said...

I hope it all turned out as you planned! Everything looked beautiful! Loved you decor ideas!

Midlife Mom said...

Tables, tables, everywhere! That sounds like my house on Thanksgiving too! We had 23 and it was busy with a lot of laughter and the sounds of kiddos playing and enjoying each other. Hubby and I just ate our third leftover meal of turkey and stuffing and that's about the end of it.

I love what your Mer*ry Ma*ids did with your towels in the bathroom! When I was redoing houses I used to do that in the bathrooms as it makes it look special. I don't know if I remember how to do them that way now or not. :o( Must give it a try one of these days.

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Dawn said...

The only decorating I have done so far is my blog background! I see you found a new one, too. I can't seem to get in the mood for anything more physically taxing!