Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Just checking in.....

************************************
Update.....

Russell did a great job on my hair!  It's clean and that's the main thing!  I thought I took a picture, but I can't find it now.  :)





Just checking in with a little update!  Things are going better than I expected!  Here's  a little fashion statement for all you girls looking for a little something extra this fall!  Lucky for Russell, I had already had a little don't care juice because there he is drinking coffee while I was so thirsty I couldn't even make myself swallow!

Notice also I'm in the left room ..........the doctor also signed my left shoulder.  I guess these days you can't be too careful.  Shortly after this I drifted off into that dreamless sleep that is anesthesia to wake with it all done.




Later that afternoon, when Russell could escape was sure I was o.k., he went home and I spent the night with my sister and husband.  The next day, she drove me home and stayed the night with us...Thanks Cathy!


The little ball hanging down from my sling below is numbing medicine......a catheter goes into the ulnar nerve with medicine to keep you numb for a few days.  It was uncomfortable, but after it was out, I realized how much it was helping!

Then starts the Physical Therapy or as some in our family call it, physical terrorism!

My physical therapist looks like a young John Travolta....I AM NOT KIDDING!  Of course, he quickly found out what a dork I am.  The first day of therapy, when he called my name, I stood up and scraped my arm on something and his first order of the day was to bandage my bleeding good arm!  So embarrassed!



I'm getting better fast and hope and pray expect to be driving soon!

Tonight should be a real adventure!  I'm washing my hair and Russell is blowing it dry!  I'm sure I'll be gorgeous tomorrow!  :)

10 comments:

KEE said...

I had no idea you were going through all of this. You seem to have a great attitude toward it all.
I will put you on my prayer list that all goes well and you heal soon.
Kee

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You look great. Glad your doing well. I would have marked up my whole left side! God Bless.

Needled Mom said...

Glad all is going well. You have been on my mind.

Please post a photo after Russell blows your hair for you!!!!

Tonja said...

I am so glad to hear from you, Nancy. I wanted to hear that you were doing well and could still type. Cause, you know, in the grand scheme of things...keeping up with your blog buddies is a #1 priority!

And, hey, enjoy that PT.

Mimi said...

HI Nancy!!!!
Oh you inspire me to have my right hand carpel tunnel done now!!! It hurts so bad and goes numb from typing away!!!!
I worried about my hair too, but if your hubby can blow it dry then mine can!!!!
I Pray for a speedy recovery for you and get plenty of rest and be nie to the JOhn look alike!!! he sounds dreamy!!!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Cathy said...

Bless his heart.....he is a good husband to blow your hair dry....did he as good a job as I did???

The Hatcher's said...

So happy that the surgery went well, and that you are not in too much pain. Russell is very sweet to fix your hair!

Katie and Beau said...

Good job Russell! I knew he would pull through. After all, a man that can sew surely must be good at fixin' hair :)

Dawn said...

Our pastor's wife went through the same thing - was your invasive surgery? She's doing so great - she got back into the game must sooner than they predicted.

Donnetta said...

Sounds like things are going well! I'm so glad! Continue on that road to recovery...