Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Friends



I have been blessed in my life to have many friends, of all ages and all are different. Ecclesiastes 4: 9-110a says it best. "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow....."


This is one of my friends, Carol. She has been having a hard time lately and I would ask anyone who reads this to pray for her and her family. She is ending a painful marriage of 32 years at the same time her mother is battling cancer.


There are so many problems in this world.......that is one of God's precious promises found in John 16:33..."I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have many troubles, but take heart; I have overcome the world" This is especially precious to me on days when it seems that every time the phone rings, somebody is telling me something bad that I don't want to hear.


But our joy does not come because everything is going well, our joy comes from the Lord. So my dear friend, may He hold you today in His everlasting arms!

No comments: