Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Lois!



When you have a big family, you have lots and lots of birthdays! We are always happy to celebrate another year of life. Lois has been married to my oldest brother for over 40 years....she's a saint let me tell you. They have 4 children and she is a decorator for Penney's. She's creative, calm, patient, loving.....and other stuff too. All our children wished she was their mother. And she sings! She's very, very gifted. So Happy Birthday SIL! I love you!

O.K. I realize the last few posts have been kind of downers, so I'm determined to be UP!!! Things are definitely going in the right directions with just little side trails which I will NOT talk about today. Mama is looking better than she has in a long time and working at her physical therapy so she can go home! Plus she's lost over 10 lbs. Can I be admitted??? I could stand a 10 lbs loss in the next 4 days!

So, now I'm off to make squash casserole to freeze for our trip to North Carolina for Thanksgiving.

Paraphrase of Psalm 61 2 & 3.....I called to the Lord as my heart grew faint; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.

And He did!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Lois!

Dawn said...

Life can get really tough at times. Sounds like you've been having your fair share of "stuff!"

Have a blessed week-end! And I hope you hear from your oldest soon.

nancygrayce said...

Thanks Dawn! I actually called him yesterday, fully expecting to get his voicemail and he answered! I just told him about mama falling and being in the hospital and that I wanted to keep him up on family news. He said o.k. I said well, I guess that's all, we said goodbye and hung up! It is so sad. But at least he sounded sober.