Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One day at a time.......

These last few weeks have been an interesting journey, good and not so good....tomorrow mama goes home to the retirement center where she lives. Is this a good thing......????? Of course it is....is it a bad thing???? It could be. She still isn't walking well with a walker and for at least the time being she will have to have round the clock care. Her mind is good, but her body is failing her. There is also the issue of $$$$$....having people around the clock is very expensive, not to mention her rent and other expenses. This can worry a litter of children! For some reason I feel like I can't worry about that today. Tomorrow my brother and i will go get her and take her home.....I'm not even sure how we will do that. She's really difficult to get in and out of cars and just to get around. I don't think I've been giving enough attention lately to staying in God's Word, but this scripture just popped out today.....Romans 8:25-27..."But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

That was it, God's will. I can't make mama better, or make her have enough money....all I can do is trust God and feel secure in the knowledge that His will will be done. I want mama to get better, I want her to get up and enjoy this winter of her life. I want to see walking down to bingo or to get her hair done. I want all that.....I can't make it happen. He can. If it is His will.....He never fails! I need to remind myself of this daily! Make that moment by moment!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

It is so hard to get to this point. My MIL is in assisted living in a lovely place. She worries about the money every day and talks of moving in with her daughter. She has enough to last awhile longer, but doesn't want to spend it. We'll see!

Tonja said...

I know this is difficult, and painful in its own way. I will pray for you and your Mom today. Trust in your decision, trust in your God. All will be well.