Friday, November 2, 2007

Just a little preview....

Words seem so important to me and I do not use the word awesome very often, but to walk on the beach in Destin on a November afternoon and look out at the gulf is so AWESOME! When I look at the gulf and realize that it's boundaries were set by our God and that it can go from slick calm to roaring chaos in a day, or even in an afternoon, when you know that you can't see other lands but that many people share these same waters, yes, now that is AWESOME. It is so beautiful here. I'm almost relaxed. DH didn't kill me over the credit card.....although I don't think I'll be shopping a lot while we're here....which is so hard with all the outlets! I could save a lot of money...oops, better not say that too loudly! We are taking the dogs for long walks and ourselves on long bicycle rides, and not sweating!!! A very good thing in Florida......this is our winter! I'm just mad that we didn't bring our bathing suits! We didn't think we'd need them, and the beach is so beautiful that I had to get in the water just a little in my shorts. That's just a little preview of our 12th honeymoon, pictures later......

4 comments:

Tonja said...

I bet you could find a swimsuit at the outlets....:) Glad you are having fun. Enjoy!

nancygrayce said...

Actually, I wouldn't put on a bathing suit right now if someone offered me a new credit card! :) I really must firm up!

Dawn said...

We really MUST make it to Destin one of these days. We're counting the days till our 35th anniversary in Kona on the Big Island a little over a month away now. Have a wonderful time!

Leslie: said...

I'd love to see some photos of Destin & its beaches. Last year when I traveled in Italy, I roomed with a lady from there. She was telling me a bit about her place and how much she loves it there.