Monday, February 11, 2008

Just another manic Monday!

Right before Christmas I had a small wreck in the bank parking lot when someone ran into the back of my car. It was really not a big deal, just frustrating. Let me see, that was December and this is February! O.K. then, I have been trying to get the insurance company to return my calls forever! They initially called, said they accepted liability and would contact me about having the estimate done. Never heard another word....so of course in the business of life, I put it on the back burner. But today I finally got someone to talk to me and I'm having the estimate tomorrow. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was trying to put clothes back in my closet....

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I walked in my closet yesterday after church and a whole rack fell!!! My husband heard it and said from the living room, I don't need this during tax season! So I marched out (can't you just see me marching?) and said, I don't need this ever! This particular rod has a shelf attached where I had a bunch of folded jeans (most that are a tad too little and I was saving for when I get thin again)and was just generally overloaded! SO! Of course, I had to take all the clothes out and put them somewhere. The superhero came through again and got right to fixing it....so today I need to find all those clothes I had to put somewhere and maybe organize my closet....no, I'm not good at organizing! I am trying to go through and take out things that I know I won't wear. I have clothing issues! I hang on to everything "just in case".....

But back to the ranch, I was also trying to vacumn and mop my kitchen, go to get mama's check and take it to the bank, visit mama, you get it huh??? I just sometimes feel like I'm on a merry go round and cannot jump off!

I was counting on tomorrow having no place to go so I could just finish cleaning and organizing, did I mention I am not very organized??? But alas, now I have to get dressed and go to the body shop...BUT, I am thankful that I have a car to take to the body shop, that I have a husband who can fix most anything and really does it patiently even if it IS tax season and very thankful for my mother!

Proverbs 14:1a "the wise woman builds her house"....

Oh, did I mention the two dogs competing for my attention, wanting me to throw anything for them to fetch??? I'm thankful for them too!

It is Monday!

5 comments:

Tonja said...

Well, as of right now, there's only3 more hours left in his day. Go sit in a closet...be sure to take caffeinated beverage of your choice, and a couple of candy bars. Don't forget your ipod. Now stay there til Tuesday!

nancygrayce said...

Tonja, that is a GREAT idea! But remember, my closet is having a crisis right now! I could sit in my husband's perfectly organized closet....:)

He Knows My Name said...

oh man! in my house we use my son's soccer coach's line when things like this happen (he is from argentina and has a heavy accent) NOW THAT IS SOME LUCKA! tuesday will be better. ~janel

Annie said...

A couple of years ago I had a closet rack fall on me, too. What a pain with first fixing and then trying to put away the mess. What I am trying to say is that I know what you are going through. Tomorrow will be better!

Needled Mom said...

I can soooo relate to this blog. My closet rod fell and I temporarily "propped" it up. That lasted about 3 years!!!! Last year we did a remodel and the closet had to be emptied. Whew! What a job that was, but I love the organization now. I have vowed to keep it that way by throwing out something each time I bring something new home.

I hope that the body shop was kind to you.