Monday, February 25, 2008

My humble prayer....

First of all, I must humbly apologize for the whole depression, euthanasia thing. How arrogant for me to think that I would or should know when someone should die. I know that God has all our days written. This scripture helped me today.

Psalm 92: 12 - 14a "The righteous flourish like the palm tree
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
They are planted in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;"

Also, Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
In your book were written, every one of them, the days
that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."

Part of the fruit my aunt bears is the reminder of things she taught us as little girls. She was and is the example of a Godly woman. She built her house, and busied herself taking care of others. Her home was a place we all liked to visit.

Today, I will focus on the those lessons and learn from her and prayerfully ask that I might bear fruit.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

No apology is needed. I think that we all realize the tremendous empathy that we can have for someone we love when they are living under such uncomfortable conditions. We all wish for that release from this world to pass onto the better things that living a Godly life will bring.

On a lighter side, I remember when the terminology "euthanasia" was first being used. After a heated discussion at work, one of my co-workers stated, "Well, I think that I would like to live in Asia." All of our mouths just dropped at how she had interpreted the concept.

Amrita said...

The Lord gives grace to His Holy Ones.