Thursday, August 7, 2008

We're gone camping....

The thing I love most about going "camping" in the motorhome is that I had to go to the bathroom 3 times during the drive over to St. George Island and we didn't have to pull over!

We have gone to the beautiful St. George Island.....I will post pictures when I get home. But folks, it is HOT and HUMID! Two things I'm not crazy about.

We rode our bicycles down to the beach late this afternoon and the thunderclouds were just beautiful. We locked up our bikes and walked down to the beach, where huffing and puffing, I assured my husband that I was NOT walking down the beach because I would have to then walk back!

My dear husband suggested I get back to the gym.

If I go it will be kicking and screaming. I'm not saying I'm not going. I just don't want to.

Maybe tomorrow I can walk on the beach and prove I don't need any old gym!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

What you love most about camping in a motor home..too funny! I would probably agree.

Keetha Broyles said...

I have never in my life been to a gym voluntarily except as a spectator.

Can't wait for the pictures.

nancygrayce said...

:) I should probably also tell you that it was only a 2 hour drive!!!!! But I drank a LOT of water before we left!

Dawn said...

That is the only way to camp, as far as I'm concerned! And I totally am with you on stopping for the bathroom - it is a burden, and I don't drink anything when we're traveling - not good for me, but saves alot of stops!

I can't deal with heat and humidity together - I would be with you on walking on the beach in that kind of stuff.

But I do go to the gym - most every day. I'm hoping I get back where I need to be physically.

Leslie: said...

You're just like me, Nancy. When we'd head up to the cabin I always made my husband stop at McDonald's about 30 minutes away from home! Of course I said it was for the girls (they were little then) - lol

Oh, and the gym? I can hardly wait until my surgery is over and I'm all healed so I can go back to the gym and get on the treadmill and exercise bike to lose those last nasty pounds!