Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Matthew!!



Today Matt is 22! Wow! Time sure does fly. The first time I met Matt he had just turned 7. I was dating his dad and he had me over for supper to meet the kids. I thought, man these are the most well behaved children I have ever and I mean EVER seen. They said "please pass the .....", "thank you", "may I please be excused from the table?" stuff like that. Well I later figured out that Russell must have given them lessons before I got there, after that they acted like normal boys at the table!!!

It has been a joy to be your stepmama Matt. I'm sure you may have done some things wrong (GASP).....but you have been close to the Lord and so grown into a really nice young man.

Matt is in his second year in pharmacy school at the University of Florida. He's a Florida gator all the way!

One cute story about him is that Russell's parents took some of the grandchildren to Callaway Gardens when Matt was a really young boy and the FSU Flying Circus was there....they went and had a good time. Afterwards, Mema stood in line over an hour to get Matt a tshirt and when he saw it was FSU, he wouldn't have it and she had to stand in line to take it back!

Happy Birthday, Matt, I hope you spend your day STUDYING!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet story of memories!

Thanks for visiting and commenting yesterday! I look forward to visiting you more often. Thanks, also, for all your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement to my aunt and cousin. :)

Susanne said...

A big Happy Birthday to Matt!

Thanks for coming by and saying hello! It was nice to "meet" you!

jennyhope said...

oh how sweet! happy bday!
thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...we have had our run in the last few years...it is just getting to me! =) yet another occasion to trust the Lord!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Nancy Grayce! I am so glad that you dropped by and paid a visit to my blog. Your blog is precious. I can see what a wonderful parent you are. I share your addiction to the digital camera. I will be dropping by to visit. Hope you will do the same.
Blessed,
Leigh