Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update....

My husband and I just came from a "King's Brass" concert. Oh, if you ever get a chance to go if they are in your town, GO!!! They are incredible.....an all brass and piano presentation of God's word through their music. They have been here for the last 6 years and this year played at our church as a fund raiser for our youth choir. Last year they played in the civic center and that was just chill bump great! Just a little free advertisement for Tim Zimmerman and the King's Brass....I'm sure you can look them up online and buy their cd's.

Just a small update on my friend and her family.....all five children are settled in with different family members,with daily differing difficulties with missing their parents and probably each other. My friend has the two year old and she said he was doing good and liking his preschool (she works so he goes to preschool), but today they told her he's having separation anxiety....with good reason! My friend's brother and sil who have the baby have fallen totally in love with him! I'm sure all the children are confused. We are all still praying that the children's parents, my friend's son and wife, get it together (translated, are healed by God) and can put their family back together. I know they all want that, but only if they are straight and can care for the children.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I can only imagine the separation anxiety those kiddoes are going through - my grands had enough difficulty with their mom just in the hospital, knowing they could see her every day, and that she'd be coming home soon.

The brass group sounds wonderful. I definitely will look them up!

Leslie: said...

Do they still have the Continental Singers? When I first started at my church, they would come every once in a while to give a concert, but I don't seem to hear about them anymore. The group you saw sounds great, too. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled in case they come here.

He Knows My Name said...

nancy, i had to back-track to get this family's story. i will pray for this situation. life can be so heart wrenching. we have hope but we still feel the hurt. ~janel