Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just what I needed to hear!

Tonight at church the preacher said something I really needed to hear....and the strange thing (of course it wasn't strange, it was God!) was this wasn't part of the sermon, he just said "let me give you an example of God's timing....when I was pastoring a small church in Mississippi, there was a woman who prayed for her wayward son for years, she died and a year later he not only came to know the Lord but became a Baptist minister! Some people said her prayers weren't answered because it didn't happen while she was alive, but that's not true, her prayers were answered.....just in God's time."

And of course we know God's timing is perfect, He never shows up late, He's never surprised by what's going on, He has a plan! That just helped me so much because I too have been praying for years for my son to turn his life over to Christ and then live according to His word. I know God has a plan for my son's life. I know God will do what God does, and I know He won't be late. I may not live to see it, I hope I do, but I am learning the hard, hard way that His ways are not my ways!

Thanks to Jennifer over at Meditations and Musings for the spread the love award! I must confess that I had a hard time getting it onto my blog and that obviously I'm not linking to Jennifer (sorry), but I'm working on learning!






The maker of this award says,

"I have met so many lovely and very talented ladies here in Blogdom, what more can I do or say to express my humbled heart to each, than to give all my dearest readers and friends a special award filled with love. So, spread the love dear ones, spread the love to those you love."

She also gave me this one too.......



Thanks Jennifer! I am truly honored! I'll pass them along when I can figure out how! :(

9 comments:

Earen said...

You're so right! God's timing is so perfect & best...I just find it very often doesn't fit into MY timing...but then again, it's not about me & all about Him!

Needled Mom said...

I believe that in this world we have come to expect things immediately. His time schedule involves eternity while ours is a 24 hour clock. I hope that you got a great night of peaceful sleep after hearing those words.

Dawn said...

That is definitely true! Glad your pastor said it just for you.

Could you please come back over and check out yet another prayer request??

Thanks!

Angie said...

God's timing IS perfect! Thank you for sharing the song on my blog. I'm down in North Carolina at my mother's house and her computer is ancient. I will look it up when I get home!

Much love in Him,
Angie xoxo

He Knows My Name said...

nancygrayce i think you are in need of yet another award. why? because we love you! and no i'm not going to break out into the mickey mouse song but it did just flash thru my head. must be menopause or something. it better be menopause because i don't need anything else!!! :o) hugs. ~janel

BethAnne said...

I wish I were better at waiting on God's timing - If I had a dollar for every time I ran ahead of God, I would be rich (not proud of it, but it is true).

Mari said...

It is so hard to wait on God's timing especially when it comes to some one we love. I have and am praying for my brother for many years now and I am still waiting on God's perfect plan to unfold. Not knowing what His plans are is so hard, and that is where my faith must kick in....He is faithful and good.
Thanks for your post....it was a good reminder of God's timing is not mine....
Mari

Tonja said...

God is at work...all the time. I know it is hard. I'm so sory and I really do feel your pain.

He Knows My Name said...

i'm such a duh. i'm sorry, nancygrayce, in my last comment i forgot the most important sentence (menopause!!i hate it) i gave you a "daily dose" award. to pass any award along you just leave a comment on someone's blog. have a great day. hugs. again sorry! ~janel