Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thank you Sister!



I complained just a little bit to my sister that I didn't have many commenter's on my blog and I wished she would set one up so she could at least comment....and she did! So thanks sister!

This is my sister, my mother and myself going to a luncheon for our cousin who turned 60....which means my sister will be... Oh, never mind...what am I thinking??

My sister is the pretty and thin one on the left and I'm the hefty girl on the right of mama. Anyhow....my sister signs up today and already has 4 profile views. She should really blog don't you all think?

O.K. Over at My Quiet Corner, and yes, I'm still having problems making this (or anything else) link, was talking about razors and such and made me think of the first time I shaved my own legs....you know that was in the day of the double edged razor and I easily could have donated skin to someone. I was in the 6th grade which as we all know, is a very sensitive time of life and all my friends had very smooth legs (except for the bandaids), and I knew in my heart of hearts that it was time for me to shave my legs! So I was in the bathroom lathered up with shaving cream and almost through with one leg when above sister came in,saw and told on me! My mother came marching back to the bathroom and said "you're not shaving the other one!"

Now excuse me, but I'm in the 6th grade back in the day when we only wore skirts or dresses and I'm going to school with one shaved leg???? Oh, no, that can't happen, I mean I wasn't the most popular girl in my elementary school to begin with, but one shaved leg?????? I got up late that nite and destroyed the other leg so that I could go to school with my head held high and a box of bandaids on my smooth legs!

And yes, sister, I forgive you! I mean you're legs were long shaved AND probably your ears pierced, but that is for another time and blog post!

You really don't have to comment on this one sister! :)

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, but yes, I do have to comment on that one, because your memory must be flawed. I would never tell on my darling little sister! And, by the way, I did not get my ears pierced until I was 18 years old. That was a big year for me, as I got married that year too.

Cathy said...

Oh yeah.....that is a pretty good picture of the three of us...

nancygrayce said...

:) 18?????

Cathy said...

Yes, 18.....

He Knows My Name said...

what a good looking trio. you both take after your beautiful mom.

oh, i almost forgot about my first time shaving. that shin bone still has a scar. 6th grade and mom was on the phone. that meant i had enough time for both legs :)

~janel

nancygrayce said...

Our poor mama's, how did they ever live with us!? The Lord knew to just give me boys! Not that they're all that easy, but at least they don't shave their legs. :)

Julie said...

Did you have the razor that you opened up from the bottom and put the razor blade into? That's the kind I had and I was born in the 50's, started shaving in the late 60's, maybe 1968 or 1969.

Do you remember the anklets we had to wear? Did you wear them too? I remember in the 6th grade when all my friends were wearing panty hose my mom was still making me wear those darn anklets...

I felt like such a goober!

I enjoyed reading your blog.

I am new to blogging, myself and am enjoying meeting all the new people.

Blessings,
Julie

Amrita said...

Lovely threesome. Greetings to Mom and sis.