Tuesday, December 25, 2007

And to all.........a good nite!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day! We enjoyed the day, starting with our traditional Christmas breakfast. I picked up mama and Russell's parents came and David and Matt were here. Russell cooks every breakfast thing you could want! I always have bacon and pancakes because I don't eat them any other time....o.k. unless I happen to be at a Cracker Barrel. But not often! We had a great breakfast. I got mama settled in the recliner, Russell's parents and David went home and Russell and I took a short nap.

We then cooked our dishes to take to our family Christmas dinner at my brother's home. All 6 of us brothers and sisters, our spouses, some of our children and some of their children, along with friends, parents in law, and just for good measure, the Roto Rooter man! Yes, just as everyone arrived for Christmas dinner, the septic tank decided it had had all it could take, literally! Luckily, my brother's inlaws live right next door, so we could troop over and use their bathroom.

We had a wonderful dinner and good visiting! Finally, the roto rooter man got there, fixed all "that" and when he started to leave, his dog (this is a true story I promise) had locked himself in the truck! After a lot of deliberating, my brother took him to his house to get another key! I know he had a great Christmas! Full of, well,let's just say probably not good cheer!

After dinner, we came home and I put on my pj's and went straight to bed for a long nap.

I talked to the grandchildren :) I didn't talk to Paul, however, I text messaged him Merry Christmas. He did the same back! That was nice. I just felt with all the tension between us, that maybe we didn't need to actually talk. I'm too tired of the fighting and anger.

But, reading someone Else's blog, this scripture was brought to mind.......

Ephesians 6:13 talking about putting on the whole armor of God. "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, stand!" So tonight, Paul, if you read this, I'm standing on the promises of God! He will bring you back whole and healed. I love you.

I hope you all had a good day, and now, really, to all a good nite.

2 comments:

Tonja said...

I'm so glad you had a nice day. Sounds like a full one. Glad you heard from your son. And maybe that was the best way to do it. God knows all about it, and He is still in charge. And this I know...God keeps His promises!

Dawn said...

I had to chuckle at the Roto Rooter story - I can't tell you how many times the plumbing has gone bad on a holiday. You're blessed to have someone to come on a holiday!