Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Favorite things.....



Since the second year of our relationship, before we were married I started giving Russell (you know it is really for me) the Swarvorski ornament for each year. Each year, we added another ornament to this ornament tree and now there are 13....the first year we dated, I gave him a different ornament. I love the sparkle of these ornaments and I love the fact that each year when I put them on, I think about that particular year and the things that happened good and bad. Each year, we have grown closer together...we are growing into that one flesh that God ordained us to be.
Each day, I get a few more Christmas things out and I feel more and more like Christmas. I'm so thankful for all my family and friends, including you here who have become friends.

I'm most thankful that Christmas means that our savior came into the world!

P.S. Today my son called and we had the most "normal" conversation that we've had in a long, long time. I'm thankful for that too!

5 comments:

Diane Viere said...

A normal conversation? YES!YES!YES! I have posted about just such a conversation myself. My heart is so happy for....both of you.

Beautiful decorations--and of course, they really are for you! ;)

Diane

Diane Viere said...

P.S. Here's my take on the joys of a 'normal conversation!"

http://prayingforaprodigal.blogspot.com/2007/08/dear-son-thank-you-for-calling-last.html

:) Diane

nancygrayce said...

I love that! I remember reading it when you wrote it....It is so wonderful just to have a conversation with mine when he's not angry! Or high....or ANGRY! So I'm thankful for just that moment...it may be different tomorrow, but that was a good moment.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes!!

I love the decorations. Beautiful!

Tonja said...

I remember when I was so happy for a normal conversation, too. It sure is nice, isn't it? My prayer is for many more for you.